Lady Gaga: More Than Just a Pop Star

Lady Gaga: More Than Just a Pop Star

"I am you. I am not just a popstar. I'm not just famous. I am not just my outfits. I am you."

53

Lady Gaga is releasing her fifth album on October 21, 2016 and I have never been more excited. In light of this, I thought it was only appropriate to remind everyone why she is not only a great musician/entertainer/writer, but why she is simply a great person.

I have always been a fan of Gaga and no one could quite understand why. They would tell me she is obnoxious, cannot sing, and is just like every other pop star. That could not be any further from the truth. I think after her amazing performance singing the National Anthem at the 2015 Super Bowl everyone could agree that her voice is flawless. And sure... maybe her clothing choices are a bit eccentric, but hey who ever said there was anything wrong with being authentic and not caring what others think? That is what should be encouraged in today's youth, and the way she dresses makes her an awesome role model for that. Maybe it isn't always "appropriate" clothing, but it's who she is nonetheless.

Besides all the things that makes someone a great musician, she managed to be more. Her humanity is what makes her so great. She gives so much to her fans and people in need. She tells heart wrenching stories of her past through her music or in speeches just to make others content with their own lives. She cares about the greater good of society. She is a political advocate and encourages others to be. This is why find it so troubling that people actually say she's a bad role model. If these things aren't what makes someone a substantial part of society than what is?

No matter who you are, Lady Gaga has made it clear that you matter. She genuinely wants everyone to be content with you they are. In a recent talk she said "I am you. I am not just a pop star. I'm not just famous. I am not just my outfits. I am you." She does not do what she does for herself or for the money. She does it because she wants the best for this world and everyone in it.

Lady Gaga is exactly what this nation needs as a role model. She encompasses all the aspects of what it means to be a genuine person. There is nothing wrong with being who you are and she sure shows no shame in being who she is. Although I have never met her personally, she has changed my life. Pick up her new album, or any album of hers for that matter, and maybe she can change yours too.