Ladies, You Don't Have To Be Put Together All The Time

You don't always have to wear makeup and have your hair done or even wear something other than sweatpants.

58
Makeup counter

If a guy is in public and he's wearing sweatpants and his hair isn't exactly the most presentable, no one questions it.

If a girl is in public and doesn't have it all together, she's lazy and unkempt. Women are expected to have it all together and always look nice but we shouldn't have to. We are just as entitled to lazy days as men are.

Women, especially those that work both inside and outside the home, are held to a higher standard than men and expected to wear full makeup with nice hair and nice clothes all the time. I have news for your world, women lose their minds just like men do and have bad days. I have at least three days a month where I am completely not myself and just want to wear leggings and a big t-shirt and stay in bed.

Bad days can be caused by stress, mental illness, bad situations, and so many more reasons and they aren't limited to men. If anything women have even more reason to be stressed because we deal with the social patriarchy that rules our world and makes it more difficult for us to make strides in our everyday lives. We shouldn't be expected to keep it together all the time on top of everything else going on.

I try my best to get up, eat a good breakfast, get dressed in something nice, and put on makeup and jewelry every day but some days my Nike shorts and t-shirts are too tempting. That one lazy day shouldn't cancel out all those days that I worked hard to look and feel good.

We shouldn't let our society dictate how we have to look every day. If you want to take that lazy day or wear a dress or even get a visible tattoo then go for it. Ladies I can't stress this enough, we do not always have to be put together.