Labor Day Weekend

Labor Day Weekend

Why I Chose to Stay at School

132
Labor Day Weekend
quote.com

Many of my instate and out of state college friends decided to go home last weekend because of the long weekend. However, I chose not to go home and here are my reasons why.

First and probably the biggest reason was that the first football game was then and it was a home game. I had watched college football ever since I was little so going to my first college football game where I actually had stake in the game was something I had to go to. There were so many fun things that happened at the game that I was glad to have gone. Plus, my team won, and we sang our song at the end.

Next reason was simple. My parents said that I shouldn't go home quite yet. I have only been at school for a few weeks and they felt that that was a little too early to come home. I haven't even fully gotten into the routine of college yet, so to pull me out of it to go back and go back to my old routine only to go back and feel out of place yet again. I completely understood their reasons for not letting me come home at that point.

I had some reasons of my own. One was that I even felt that it was too early to come home. I have to create a routine and life here before I go back. I almost want to make it so college is home and my home is where I go on vacation and I can't say that’s what would happen if I went home right away. Plus, at this point I feel that after I went home I would want to go home every weekend. That is not a good thing considering the distance I am from home and that would affect the fun I have while I'm at school.

My other reason is fun. The college has set up so many fun things to do over the weekend that I wouldn't want to miss the fun. Every Saturday is movie night complete with free popcorn and drinks. Why would I want to miss that? Another reason is the parties thrown at the student union, they have mechanical bulls and surfboards! I mean who would want to miss seeing your friends being thrown of and then laughing about it. Another reason is staying out, if I went home I would have a curfew but while I'm at school I decide when I have to go home. Why would I give that up when I just got it? Even sleep is better because if everyone goes home there are no sounds at three o'clock in the morning. Another is the fact that most of my friends who I would go and hang out with are either at school or moving in then.

Everyone has their own reasons for choosing to go home or not but these were my reasons to not go home. I just wanted to be a college kid at college for a few more weekends before going home.