I Came To Kennesaw State University With Transferring On My Mind And Now I Am Set To Graduate From Here

I wanted to attend to a well-known named university.

105

For those of you that do not know what Kennesaw State University is, it's an upcoming, local D1 university in northern Georgia. KSU has 2 campus locations, making it the 2nd biggest college in all of Georgia. If you attend Kennesaw State, you thought the process was more than likely to take your core classes and transfer to a "better" college.

I came to Kennesaw State with the intention of transferring to a bigger D1 university in-state or out-of-state after taking my core classes (like 95% of the study body). Kennesaw is mainly a commuter college, and it is only 25 minutes away from my parents' houses (without traffic). I figured it was the ideal school to attend to for the time being. I did not join any clubs, extracurricular activities, intramural sports, and etc, because I had the mindset of transferring anyway. So, what was the point?

I did not care to get to know my classmates, my professors, and advisor. I did not want to meet up after class hours to study or just to get to know them more because I was transferring so what's the point? I got into a handful of other schools in Georgia and out-of-state, therefore I was very ready to transfer.

The more I thought negatively about Kennesaw, the more I did not enjoy being there. I wanted out more than ever. I found out my junior year that Kennesaw State University Coles Business School "Michael J. Coles College of Business" is the best business school in Georgia and one of the best in the nation, especially for my majors. I did my research further and noticed that Coles Business School was growing rapidly and improving year by year. Later, I knew that this small D1 college was more fitting for me than a gigantic university campus.

If it was not for KSU I would have made the friends I made here, the surprising and remarkable grades, the great opportunities I've achieved and received, I would not have the confidence to apply to graduate schools and actually got accepted to most of them. I would have joined The Odyssey Online and found my passion for writing and managing stellar people. Kennesaw State University has changed my life for the better, and soon I will be a proud Alumni no matter how small it stays or how big it gets.

Hooty Hoo.