Knowing your worth, love, self worth

to know your worth is to know you are loved

If someone said they have never struggled with self worth, they would be lying.

198
Karagan Timmons.

You wake up in the morning and instead of being thankful for another day, you think to yourself "I wonder what is going to go wrong today". Sound familiar? If so, you've come to the right place. I know the tabloids and all things social media says we have to be perfect to be accepted and loved, but it's all a bunch of bogus. NEWS FLASH: IMPERFECTION IS THE NEW BEAUTIFUL.

My FAVORITE quote says..."If you find yourself constantly trying to prove your worth to someone, you have already forgotten your value." -Anonymous. There is SO much truth in such a small sentence, and while we sit back and listen to the world tell us what we are supposed to be, we miss out on who we actually are meant to be. Whether you are 100 pounds and 5'2 with short blonde hair or 300 pounds and 6'2 with long dark brown hair you are who YOU are, and that is something nobody can take away from you, unless you allow them.

If you notice my cover photo, you see it is a tattoo of a wrist with "KYW" on it, which stands for "Know your Worth". That wrist belongs to a dear friend of mine, Karagan, who went through a phase of life where she was losing herself and her worth in the world, instead of finding her worth and belonging in Christ. The reasoning behind her tattoo is a constant reminder that our worth isn't found in the validation from others but only the validation from God.

Knowing your worth is knowing you are loved, and knowing you are loved is knowing you have worth. The most humbling thing to me is that the Lord created us each individually and loves each of us the exact same. I know so many times in my life, I have tried to find my worth in things of this world and have been let down each and every time and will continue to be let down if I allow the world to define me as a person.

To the girl or guy finding their worth in a relationship: take 2 steps back. Look at your life as YOUR individual life and ask yourself this question, "If he/she was not in my life, would I feel like I had a purpose?", and if the answer to that happens to be no, then we have some work to do, friend. God created relationships for two people to join together as one, and to find the Lord in the center, and to grow as one together under His name. He did not create them to consume all of our time and to make us lean solely on our significant other and forget that the real healer here is Jesus Christ himself. Finding our worth in a human being will fail us, because after all, they are human, too.

Feeling like you aren't "good enough" is a gut wrenching feeling and wether everyone wants to admit it, in one way or another, we have struggled with this. Truth is, we're human and sometimes we have moments where we are jealous of someone, or envious or their things, but why should we be? When the gift of Salvation is all we each need.

Finding validation of your worth in others will always teach you and or leave you feeling like you are not good enough as who you are. So here is my best advice—stop allowing yourself to be so vulnerable with the world, and put your vulnerability in the Lord and allow him to show you just how much you are worth. You will thank yourself in the long run, and who knows you may fall in love with who you are. YOU ARE KNOWN, WORTHY, AND LOVED, FRIEND.

Psalm 19:10 "They are more precious than gold, than much pure gold; they are sweeter than honey, than honey from the honeycomb."

Colossians 3:12-14 "Put on then, as God's chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience, bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. And above all these put on love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony."

Psalm 139:13-14 "For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well."