Knowing When To Let Go Or Not Let Go

Knowing When To Let Go Or Not Let Go

If loving you is wrong, I do not want to be right.

866
Knowing When To Let Go Or Not Let Go
Unsplash

We all have that funny feeling inside when we meet someone for the first time. We get butterflies in our stomach. We are thinking "they are the most beautiful person in the world. They have a great personality. I hope I get to see them again. They made me feel really good about myself, so I need them in my life."

These are the comments that appear in our conscience when we grow accustomed to a person we deeply care about or want to be their relationship partner(i.e. boyfriend, girlfriend). It gets to the point where dare I say, we love that person. We would do anything we can to make sure we please our counterpart, so in turn, they will not leave us, for something to be perceived as better.

We pay for dates everywhere we go, make caricatures of their face, leave surprise presents in their car when they come outside, and even do things that are obscene or scary to you; but pleases them in the highest sense, all because to you care/love them. But there comes a point in time where we all second guess, or rethink the relationship altogether.

When that thought comes into your conscience, things start to unravel. You and they will start to question everything the person does. You will be engulfed in arguments that should not have happened in the first place. You will also be telling each other I am at a certain place when you did not even show up to that place. This would lead to even more lies. And sooner rather than later, one of you will tell the other, "I need some space."

For the people that have never been told this, you are not missing out on this. You are probably in a calm, peaceful, sane state of mind. And if you have never been in a relationship, you are on your way to making millions, hopefully. Relationships can be abysmal, and you do not want that. But I digress.

When you are told that the other person needs space, it just takes a hit to the heart. People like myself, may go into downward spirals, thinking "why do they want space? What made them decide that this was the best route to take? What did I do to deserve this?" I, myself, would do anything I can to make sure that it does not lead to that point. And if it does get to that point, I will do everything I can to make sure I get out of it. But after you have exhausted all your "failed" options to get the love of your life back in a happy place, you have to reassess the situation.

Do you keep pursuing what once was good, or look for greener pastures? Most devout Christians would say, "you have to let go of that person and seek the person God wants to you be with." But even I try to go against that from time to time. But in the end, I would take both positions as to let go, or keep pushing.

I would tell people to let it go because the ramifications of not letting go could be a drain on you mentally, emotionally and physically. There are instances where the two people need to be separated in order for things to not be combustible. It would not be healthy for you and sometimes we cannot even recognize it. It could possibly lead us down to a path of destruction.

I would also agree with to not let go of that person, that you so desperately care about. I will say it is courageous and bold to keep pursuing the person you want. You may look desperate in the process, but who cares as to how you look.

This is a person you have a deep nostalgia for, and you cannot live without that person. You need them in your life and are willing to do anything they want, just to have them back in your life. Now keep in mind, do not do anything to bend your moral values.

Our moral values are sacred and should be treated as such. It is important to display true, honest integrity in this tumultuous world. And persistence will help you get the person, but consistency will help you keep that person. And if you do get another chance, make sure to not mess it up and do crazy things.

Because when you get a second chance at life, it is one of the most joyous things in the world. And if the person does not give you another chance, show that person what they missed out on. Make sure they will regret not giving you a chance. But you are the only person that will know whether to let go, or not let go.