Know the advantages of patenting your invention

Have you developed a new solution, technique, product, or service and want to ensure you are uniquely exploitable

72

So know that the time has come to patent your invention. Only in this way will it be able to guarantee its legal protection and, consequently, to ensure that it is not exploited by third parties. Of course, patent protection is not a mandatory condition - however, InventHelp is the only way to guarantee you ownership and exclusivity over what you created. Something we believe is the right way, given the time and investment involved in developing an invention.

Trademark or Patent Registration

However, there is still a great lack of knowledge about what it is, after all, to patent an invention. For example, it is common to confuse trademark registration with patent registration - something that technically and legally has totally different concepts and purposes. The brand is the symbolic representation of a company, an asset that will allow achieving notoriety, distinction, customers, etc., while the patent involves something that was invented for the purpose of industrial application. It is also important to realize that not all inventions can be patented - for example, non-technical business methods and purely aesthetic creations are inventions without patent potential.

But there are more requirements to patent an invention. One of them refers to the novelty character. That is, only inventions that are not yet known to the public can be patented, so it is essential to ensure complete confidentiality until the patent application is formalized.

In addition, the invention is required to have truly differentiating and creative features, and those which result from existing knowledge, techniques or products on the market are not accepted for patents. To be a patent, the invention must have effective inventive validity.

Get the exclusive right to your invention

As already noted, there are criteria that define the patent potential of an invention. But, if it is yours to meet the required assumptions, it is really essential that if you want to enhance your invention, protect it by patent. Because in this way you will be gaining the exclusive right of the invention but also securing a number of other added advantages:

• Possibility of exploiting the invention in the market where the company will operate
  • Protection against any attempts to use or exploit your invention (for a period of 20 years from the date you subscribe)
  • Application of an informative mention of legal protection in the product, deterring potential infringements
  • Possibility of transferring the right or granting operating licenses to third parties (with or without financial compensation)
  • Absolute ownership of the rights and property of the inventor and/or his successors (except where the invention is developed under an employment contract, in which case the employer is the patent holder).

Patenting your invention is, as you can see, the first big step in protecting and enhancing your invention. Exclusive and fully controlled and without the risk that unlawful or competitive conduct could jeopardize the future and success of what it has invested so much.