What you should know before you go to college

9 Things To Know Before Going To A High School Party In College

It won't be what you expect.

275

I recently found myself on Tinder swiping on guys for hours on end. It sounds a little strange at first, but if you have even been on Tinder, you probably know how addicting it might be to swipe on random people.

After swiping and swiping, I matched with someone that just happened to be in high school. This wasn't a real deal breaker but it put me in an interesting situation especially when my friend and I got invited to a high school party with him and his friends. I spent the next few hours convincing my friend to drive with me 20 minutes to so random house party.

The situation itself was a little weird, but going to the party was nothing like I expected it to be. After nearly a year of going to frat parties or the occasional house party, I was expecting something similar, but it turns out, I was very wrong. This is a list of a few things to keep in mind before going to a high school party like a college student.

1. It isn't the same as a frat 

Frats are dirty, gross, and cram a lot of people into a small space. It's likely that when attending your high school party you won't be needing your frat shoes.

2. It also isn't the same as a house party

House parties in college are way more laid back then a frat, but it still is a step above a high school house party. Don't go into this new party expecting it to be similar to a house party in college, it won't be.

3. The girls wear leggings and sweatshirts 

Do not wear a fratfit to a high school party. That's not what they wear. It is way more casual than a frat party and this tip will save you from looking out of place.

4. You probably won't do a lot of dancing 

At the party my friend and I went to, the music was okay, but all of the lights were on. Everyone just kind of stood around and listened to music.

5. You'll realize how young everyone looks, or how old you look 

The biggest realization that I had at this party was that everyone looks like a baby. You don't ever realize how mature you look until you're surrounded by people way younger than you.

6. There's likely going to be a lot of drama 

Just picture homecoming when everyone's dates ditched them for other people. That's about the level of drama you'll experience at this party.

7. You're probably going to feel out of place too 

Let's face it, you probably will only know a handful of people and it will probably be really awkward. Just roll with it, it won't be that big of a deal.

8. People will be shocked to find out you're in college 

If I had a dollar for every time someone freaked out when I said I was in college, I would be able to pay my college tuition. If this happens to you, embrace it, they all will feel so cool knowing that they're partying with college students.

9. It might actually be a little fun though 

At the end of the day, it is what you make of it. Enjoy yourself and get out of your head. It might turn out to be fun.