Knee Sleeves 101: Everything You Need to Know

When it comes to taking care of yourself, there are a lot of factors to consider.

7

.

When it comes to taking care of yourself, there are a lot of factors to consider. One of the most important to remember is that everyone has a unique journey when it comes to pursuing their best physical health and wellness. For some people, the concept of pursuing their health and wellness is a passion and they are avid hobbyists who derive a lot of joy from the journey. For others, it could be extremely intimidating and hard for them to understand.

No matter where you find yourself on this journey, whether you are advanced and have been pursuing it for years or maybe you are just starting out, understanding that acceptance of your journey is a unique key. This allows you to curtail everything from nutrition to workouts and exercises to be specifically what you need them to be so they can help accomplish the goals you want to accomplish.

An important part of this journey is paying attention to the areas of challenge that you uniquely face. For a lot of people, these areas of challenge can seem daunting and even discouraging. The good news is that they don’t have to be. If you find that you want to pursue your physical health and wellness, but struggle with knee pain one thing you may want to consider is using a knee sleeve to help you in this process.

If you have been wondering about what a knee sleeve is and its benefits - here is everything you need to know.

First Things First - What is a Knee Sleeve?

A knee sleeve is a simple device that is designed to help bring support and structure to a person’s knee. The knee itself is a crucial joint in the human body that is required for normal ambulation. Every day, whether you are an avid health enthusiast, or not, people put a tremendous amount of pressure and wear and tear on their joints. The knee is no exception.

In fact, according to some surveys, one in four Americans actually report having issues such as pain in their knees. This is an astounding amount of people, as roughly 25% of the population identifies as struggling with some kind of knee discomfort. When you take in the anatomy of the human body - it really does make sense. The knees not only take on the entire weight of the upper body but also consistently take on some of the shocks of simply just walking.

Those who are particularly active and love cardio know that their knees take on a lot of punishment for their passion of choice. This is why switching up the forms of cardio that you use to reach your cardio goals is such a good thing. For example, activities like cycling and swimming can provide an excellent form of cardio exercise, but they are generously easy on your joints - in particular, your knees!

As stated before, a knee sleeve is a tool that brings support and structure to a person’s knee joints in a meaningful and impactful way. They do this by providing a healthy amount of pressure on these areas. This helps to keep the knee aligned and in proper posture. By applying pressure with a knee sleeve, a person can not only experience immediate relief of discomfort, but they can practice good posture which can help save them from further injury.

When Can You Wear a Knee Sleeve?

This is an important question, and the answer is simple - anytime! A knee sleeve serves two major functions - relieve discomfort and support proper posture. Breaking that down, a knee sleeve should be entertained any time you start to feel discomfort in your knee. That may be on your commute to class if you have a long way to walk across campus, or before, during, and after a workout.

One thing that should be noted, knee sleeves are not meant to be worn 100% of the time. In fact, this could cause problems down the line as your body may not develop proper strength if it is over-supported. However, the good news is that you don’t have to complicate it. If you feel a certain amount of discomfort in your knee that could be elevated by the pressure of a knee sleeve - use it. At the same time, if you are about to enter into any kind level of activity that requires proper structure - it’s also a good idea to utilize it.

Conclusion

As always, you should consult your primary physician with any concerns or worries that you have about your health. The good news about using a knee sleeve is that it is generally considered a very safe and effective tool for helping you reach your physical activity goals. If you have been wanting to try something that can help relieve joint pain and support your daily activity - check out a knee sleeve.

Related Articles Around the Web