14 Gift Ideas For Your Mom And Dad Who Love To Cook

This is like the nicest way of saying, "Please, please make me food."

573

Ah, home cooked food. The undeniable best part of going home is getting to eat your parents' amazing, warm, fresh home-cooking. The aromatic air filling your nose, the sizzling of the pan on the stove, the hustle bustle of a busy kitchen, all making your stomach rumble louder than it has been for the past few months of eating less-than-delicious dining hall food.

Truly, there's something grand about food and family, and what better way to celebrate the two than with a lovely gift for the food fanatic in your life? Here are 14 great ideas that won't break your limit college-student budget but that will just as loved and appreciated as you are!

1. Natural Bamboo Magnetic Kitchen Knife Block – $29.99

Every great chef knows the key to delicious, quick-cooking starts with the right knife. Good chefs know how to properly store them as well so as to save them from too much damage. If your food lover keeps their knives in a drawer, this is the perfect gift for them. While high-end knives themselves can often be quite expensive, this rack is cost-effective and super useful. It stores knives and kitchen scissors properly and looks professional chef AF.

2. A cute salt and pepper shaker set – $16.95

Who can say no to that adorable lil bulldog face?! I know my parents are perpetually searching for the proper salt and pepper shaker, and I've always been one for adding a little more personality to your kitchen. This bulldog holder is absolutely adorable and is sure to win over guests when they entertain!

3. Breakfast Sandwich Maker – $23.57

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and for those who love to make amazing, cheesy, English muffin breakfast sandwiches, you can't get enough of this gadget.

4. Live Simply Measuring Cups – $21.26

Aw! How cute! While most of our parents these days are experienced enough that they don't really need measuring cups anymore, these can still serve as a super cute decoration. They'll only add to the Sunday morning brunch aesthetic, even if they are just for show.

5. Thoughtfully Mason Jar Herb Garden

The secret to good, simple food is simply fresh ingredients. And it can't get fresher than your own little garden. These mason jar herbs are sure to impress; they'll add a pure, fresh aesthetic to your kitchen windowsill, give your parent some fun gardening practice, and they'll be useful when it comes time to cook!

6. Chef'n VeggiChip Food Chopper – $18.95

You throw in your chosen veggies or fruits, pull the handle, and tada! Instant chopped salad or guac! It's fun, it's fast, it's affordable. You can't go wrong. Mom and Dad will love it.

7. Spiralizer – $29.99

For the Italian pasta lovers in your parents, this is the perfect gift! Instantly spiralize your veggies and make your own zoodles! Though a little on the pricier side, it's definitely well worth it. It's high quality, durable, and not to mention a lot of fun.

8. Seville Classics Bamboo Cutting Board with Cutting Mats – $24.07

Okay, this one is actually kind of genius, I might get this for myself. If your parents are the kind of people who like using different cutting boards for meats and vegetables but don't have enough space to store cutting boards, this is literally the perfect gift for them. The bamboo board fits 7 labeled, dishwasher-safe cutting mats inside it. You pull out the one you want, put it on top of the bamboo board, and cut away, with no fear of contamination! And the best part, they're easy to clean! What a great idea.

9. ChefSofi Mortar and Pestle Set – $33.65

If you're going to make guac, do it right. Straight from the must-haves brands of many revered chefs, this mortar and pestle set is sure to wow and impress at Mom and Dad's next Mexican food night. It's also good for pesto made the right way and so much more!

10. Oil Infuser – $12.68

This gift is a bit more unique, but for the parent chef who has it all, this might just be the perfect gift. Oil is an essential ingredient and it matters so much what kind of oil you cook with. Using this oil infuser to spice up the oil (maybe with a few herbs from your mason jar herb garden!) will make for a fun home experiment.

11. Butter Churner – $39.23

While certainly on the pricier side of gifts on this list, this butter churner is sure to impress your parents. They probably think you didn't even know that butter could be hand-churned, but there's nothing better than putting fresh butter on your toast in the morning. Again, another essential fat in cooking, your parents will definitely be impressed with this beautiful, vintage gift, and even more so if you offer to churn it for them!

12. Fondue Set – $34.95

Nothing makes a dinner party better than fondue. Now that you're out of the house, let Mom and Dad have their indulgent fun with this awesome fondue set that comes with a snuffer underneath to keep the chocolate/cheese nice and melty and fun, colored forks too!

13. Sushi Kit – $19.95

Sushi nights are always the best way to get some awesome family bonding time in. Make your own customized rolls, make each other rolls, have a wasabi eating contest; either way, Mom and Dad will love the wholesome fun that this affordable and cute kit brings to the kitchen!

14. Mary Berry's Baking Bible – $37.47

If nothing else gets you psyched to go shopping for Mom and Dad's kitchen, then go with a tried and true classic, the holy grail of baking, Mary Berry's Baking Bible. It's considered one of the best baking cookbooks out there in the world, and I would have to attest, some of those recipes are pretty amazing.

I know I made this list for parents, technically, but I wouldn't be opposed to receiving any of these gifts for myself this Christmas ;)

Please note that prices are accurate and items in stock as of the time of publication. As an Amazon Associate, Odyssey may earn a portion of qualifying sales.