6 Ways To Be A Better Kisser, That Way They'll Never Forget Your Smooch

Learn to smooch them in a way that makes them swoon.

486
@couplegoals

You're looking to improve your kissing game, either for yourself or in response to some past criticism you've received from your partner. Whatever the case may be, you need help and so you've sought this article for some worthwhile advice on how to impress your future lovers. Look no further than right here for some expert insight into the art of kissing.

1. Change your approach for the right kind of mood

For soft and sweet:

Be gentle and slow. Take your time admiring them with your foreheads pressed together; brush noses and watch the slow smile come over their lips. Kiss them with the edges of your lips just barely touching at first. Really concentrate on the sensation of their mouth brushing against yours. It’s the kind of tentative softness that’ll give you both butterflies.

For sensual and passionate:

Pull them in close, pressing your hips together, and kiss them hard. Run your fingers through their hair and up and down their neck and their back; there’s so much more to kissing than just mouths and tongues. And speaking of which, remember that when it comes to tongue, less is usually more. Trace their bottom lip with the tip of your tongue or pull at it lightly with your teeth.

For playful and teasing:

You can drive your partner absolutely crazy with just a little bit of teasing. Don’t be afraid to pull back from a deep kiss when they seem to want more. Whisper sweet nothings in their ear while nibbling on their earlobe. Dare them to kiss you first and smirk at them as they try to resist you. Let your hands hover over their body, hardly touching or not even touching them at all, encouraging them to make a move if they want you badly enough.

2. Use. Your. Hands!

It can be easy to forget about our hands when we’re so focused on kissing our partner’s lips. But to enhance the experience for you both, continue to move your hands from place to place as you kiss. You can put your hands on their waist, in their hair, or hold their cheeks. Find their hips and wrap your hands around them as you press your body into theirs. Rather than have your touch jump around, let your hands roam seamlessly up and down their body, pausing where you want them to go for as long as you want them to stay there.

3. Kiss somewhere that isn’t their lips

You’ve got a whole other person to explore, and surely you don’t want to devote ALL of your time to their lovely face, do you? Try kissing their neck, their ears, their collarbones, their chest…etcetera, etcetera. You get the idea - sneak in some variety to your technique so your partner can’t anticipate your every move.

4. Leave hickeys somewhere else for a change

Those little love bruises shouldn’t be limited to just your partner’s neck. There are plenty of other more secretive, more sensitive places for you to leave marks - surely you can think of a few! Plus, it is a lot more intimate to give your partner hickeys where only you two know to look for them. (Note: ALWAYS make sure you have your partner’s consent before you decorate their body in hickeys.)

5. Play some music in the background

Create a playlist that's perfect for setting the mood and have it playing softly in the background as things get heated between you and your partner. You can choose the songs yourself for a personal touch, or borrow one of Spotify's pre-made playlists. Either way, the experience of getting hot and heavy is greatly enhanced by the right kinds of music.

6. Don't use kissing only as a prelude to sex

While making out is a valued form of foreplay in a lot of cases, you shouldn't only kiss your partner to indicate your desires to have sex. Kissing in itself can be an extremely satisfying, and what's more is that it is a sweet demonstration of the love and affection you have for your partner. Don't let your beau come to associate a few kisses exclusively with your desperation to tear their clothes off!

Keep calm and kiss on, my friends.