Kirsten's Diary Part I

Kirsten's Diary Part I

A Letter To My Ex Best Friend

80
Kirsten's Diary Part I
www.bookword.co.uk

Dear Diary,

I keep wondering how you can go from being best friends with someone to barely speaking to each other? I have friends that I have known for 10 plus years and we are still just as much friends as we were 10 years ago. Unfortunately, that is not the case with every single one of my friends though. I understand that life gets in the way and that other relationships might get in the way. To be honest, I have been at fault for that several times in the past, but not this time. I feel like there are some things that you learn in time and with experience. This is one of those things that I learned and regretted for a long time. I told myself that I would never let someone else get in the way or let life get too busy for my friendships. To me, your relationship should be an accent to your life, not something that holds you back from other friendships and opportunities. Of course none of this would be new to my ex best friend, because they knew my thoughts on everything. After all, they were my best friend. I guess the main thing I don't understand is why I thought they were more like me, we seemed to agree on everything. We said we had wasted being friends for so long that it would be so stupid to ever let it happen again. I suppose there are no guarantees in life. You are never completely guaranteed a friendship and you never know when someone will change their mind. All I know is I do believe that everything happens for a reason. I hate that our friendship seemed to mean more to me than it did to them. I hate that I can't just pick up the phone and tell them how my day was. I hate that they were one of the few people I never believed would go back on their word, TWICE. I hate that I was wrong. The one thing I don't hate is the friendship that we had. Now, I only wonder why we had one in the first place. When you've known someone through middle school, high school and all through college it's hard to let a friendship like that go. At least for me anyways. Someone once told me life is too short, so cherish the good memories and don't focus on the negatives. I suppose this is one of those times, so I am going to take their advice and cherish the memories without focusing on the negatives. Everything happens for a reason. Maybe one day, I'll figure out the reason for our friendship. Until next time...goodbye diary.