Kirkwood Stacks: The Newest Bloomington Bar You Need To Try
Life Stages

5 Reasons You Need Kirkwood Stacks In Your Life

Bloomington's newest bar you need to try – and here's why.

685
Madyn Lewis

Over the summer, Kilroy's closed the 18+ nightclub, Recess. This was obviously devastating for a lot of people, but then it was replaced with the newest bar, Kirkwood Stacks. Personally, I would consider myself somewhat of a Stacks ambassador. I love everything about Kirkwood Stacks: the games, the people, the atmosphere, etc. Below are some detailed reasons as to why you should check it out!

(This post is not sponsored!)

1. An outside deck complete with giant Jenga

Stacks has a variety of games to choose from on their outside deck, a perfect place to enjoy some fresh air and a game or two of Baggo (some people say bags or corn hole)! They also have beer pong and giant Jenga – a perfect conversation starter.

2. $2 Tuesdays

On Tuesdays, Stacks has drink specials for only $2, so if your bank account is lacking and your classes start after 10 am I would highly recommend it.

3. They have vintage video games! 

If dancing's not your style, Stacks has vintage MarioKart and other Mario games for the Xbox that you can play right next to the bar!

4. If dancing is your style, they have a dance floor

There are still some components from the original recess left, like the dance floor. If you're ready to dance its an awesome place to get down!

5. The overall atmosphere is fun

Even when the bar isn't packed, it's fun to hang out there with friends! The people there are incredibly friendly and fun to be around.