Kindness Is Key

Kindness Is Key

​Something I Wish I Remembered More Often

76
Kindness Is Key
Lifehacker Australia

"I have this theory that if one person can go out of their way to show compassion, then it will start a chain reaction of the same. People will never know how far a little kindness can go." A quote from the first murder victim of the Columbine High School Massacre, Rachel Joy Scott. Kindness is a chain reaction. You can start the chain right now. You can, too and you and you. We can all make this world a better place with kindness. Think before you speak. Build people up, instead of tearing them down. One simple act of kindness could save a life. As the old sayings goes, "if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all." A challenge based off of Rachel's journal was this: Dream big and believe in yourself. Look for the best in and be kind to others. Speak with kindness, always. Choose positive influences and appreciate them. Last, be the answer and start your own chain reaction. One simple thing you do today can change the whole world tomorrow. Do not be afraid to be different. As Gandhi once said, "Be the change you wish to see in the world." I accept Rachel's Challenge, do you?...Thank you.

After a rough week, this speech I wrote a few years ago for a pageant has really helped me get by. Thank you to my boyfriend for reminding me to always be kind, even when things are hard. Being kind will help you get where you want to get in life. You never know what someone else is going through.