We all become inspired. Whether it's a song, a movie, a painting or person, we come across something that changes who we are. For me, it was the late actor Corey Haim.

When I first saw him in "License To Drive," I had no idea that he would impact my life to the extent that he did. Sure I melted each time he smiled, but I never imagined that my love for him would grow into what it is today.

Just as any other fangirl does, after watching "License To Drive," I immediately researched who he was, what other movies he was in and everything else I needed to know about him.

Over the years, I have learned a lot about him. I learned some basic facts about him, like that he was Jewish and he began acting at a very young age. I learned that his first film was alongside Sarah Jessica Parker and Robert Downey Jr. and that his idol was John Ritter. I also learned that he didn't only act, but he also sang and painted.

Then I learned about the kind of person he was. I learned that he did not live an easy life, but somehow he remained gentle. I learned that his best friend was his mother. I learned that when his mother was diagnosed with Breast Cancer, he went to every doctor's appointment with her and took great care of her.

I learned that he was extremely kind.

I learned that in 1992, he hosted his second annual "Toyskis for Totskis" toy drive which collected over 10,000 toys for Hurrican Andrew victims. I learned that in 1998, he attended a Silent Auction benefiting The Miranda Foundation organization that rescued animals from being euthanized at animal shelters. I learned that one time he spent all his cash on an animal shelter. Another time he invited a fan to dinner after the fan asked for his autograph, and Haim paid for the bill.

I learned that he was selfless and kinder than any man. His kindness is what ignited the spark of inspiration in my soul. Seeing how kind he was inspired me to start a cause in his name called Kindness For Corey Haim.

Kindness For Corey Haim is a cause that encourages others to follow in Corey Haim's footsteps and be as kind as he was.

Each month a random act of kindness is done in his name. Each act of kindness is inspired by him.

I aim to pick a cause that holds significance to him. Kindness For Corey Haim has donated to animal rescues, Toys For Tots, the American Heart Association, different charities on GlobalGiving and much more.

So why start this cause in the first place?

Unfortunately, Corey Haim is not physically here to spread the light and kindness he always did. However, I feel that it is important to honor his memory and make sure that he lives on through kindness and positivity. He once said that he does not want to be a sob story and it is my mission to make sure that he will not be remembered as one.

The way his life ended was tragic because he was a bright and gentle soul who was taken away from this earth much sooner than he should have been, but his life was NOT a tragedy.

The most rewarding part of the cause is when the act of kindness is received, the organization/ individuals tell me that they remember Corey Haim, that they enjoyed watching his movies when they were younger, and now they know just how kind he was. That is the way he deserves to be remembered.

What matters most is what he put into this world and the way he made others feel. What defines him is the smiles he formed, the laughs he ignited, the sunlight he illuminated and the courage he gave others.

During the premiere of his movie, "The Hostage Game," he said: "I wish I was God so I can help everybody but I'm not, and all I can do is help as much as I can." That quote grasps the kind of person he was. He was selfless, and he was beautiful inside and out.

So out of the billions of people who have walked this earth, there is no one I'd rather spread kindness in honor of than Corey Haim.

To Corey Haim, thank you so much for the wonderful ways you have changed the world and for the ways you have changed who I am. Your words and kind actions continue to make this world a better place.

Not a day goes by where you are not thought about. I hope Kindness For Corey Haim bring you as much happiness as you bring me. I love you more than you will ever know.