Be Kind To The People Serving You
Life Stages

Be Kind To The People Serving You

It's not that serious. I promise.

53
Be Kind To The People Serving You
https://unsplash.com/photos/7YlHU_ZPS34

As a rite of passage, many people will work in the service industry for a time in their life. Whether it be to get them through college, a way to make ends meet, or simply because they want the experience. Many of us go through it and as a result, many of us know how demanding clientele can be and how it can affect your mental state while on the job.

We get paid to stand up there and smile no matter what happens. Even when things get thrown and hands come dangerously close to our person, we smile. We smile because it's our job to serve you and that's what brings in the money.

However, one thing should be said. Nothing and I mean nothing that takes place in a store, restaurant, or any other service place can be so detrimental to justify acting like a child. Many of us are up there doing everything we can to make your experience the best it can be. I will admit there are those who don't make the effort but for the ones that do, smile.

It won't cost you a penny and when you're in a frustrating situation and you notice that person is doing all they can to fix it, smile. Don't yell and throw your hands up. Don't say nasty things that you'll likely forget later but they'll remember. Just smile and breathe.

Your day will go on and instead of raising your blood pressure and making a scene, you'll have a better experience. The service industry sucks to work in, especially when you are getting yelled at for things way outside of your pay grade but it's really memorable when that one person who got screwed over, smiled and was understanding while you did what you could to help them out.

I will always remember the ones who assured me that it was okay, and they understood that it wasn't my fault. They were kind to me while I was trying to help them out and that stood out.

Kindness stands out. Anger remains but it's not as pleasant. Don't let yourself be remembered in anger. Just smile.