It's A Lose-Lose For Kim Kardashian-West

You've probably heard that Kim Kardashian is going to law school... yes, you heard me. I personally think it's great, but the internet begs to differ.

On April 15th, Kim Kardashian West put up a lengthy Instagram post about how she's taking on a new role. Last year, Kim registered with the California State Bar to study law, and will now partake in 18 hour weeks for 4 years. This isn't the first time Kim K has dove into the legal world.

She was one of the main people to help in freeing Alice Marie Johnson, a woman sentenced to life in prison without a chance of parole. Her offenses included federal drug and money laundering in which she pleaded, not guilty to both. Kim Kardashian became super attached to her case, and knew that she wasn't guilty so she did everything she could to help that woman.

Someone stated that Kim should, "stay in her lane". What does that exactly mean though? Just because someone is who they are, doesn't mean they're less qualified to do something else. We were put on this planet to learn, and never stop learning. It's not about lanes.

I think the internet should take a heavy step back and consider just how amazing this is. Someone who is well off, finally wants to do something, and help others in a way that not many celebrities are comfortable doing. Instead of bashing her, I think we all should appreciate her.

Kim Kardashian has always been about making waves, wherever she goes, and this is her best one yet. Hopefully, other celebrities that have thought about potentially pursuing a legal occupation will really consider this as one of their options, because I believe this could be the movement to spark real reform in the courts.