What Killing All Of My Tamagotchi's Taught Me About Parenting.

Apparently, you have to feed them?

22
Tamagotchi

If you are a 90's kid, you most likely remember Tamagotchi's. According to Wikipedia, a Tamagotchi is a keychain-sized virtual pet simulation game. The characters are colorful and simplistically designed creatures based on animals, objects, or people. You probably even had a few, but let's face it, you would take care of it for a week and then two weeks down the road when you were at school, you suddenly remembered, "Crap, I forgot to feed it." Therefore, when you went home, you would run over to your Tamagotchi's and then you realized that it died. After that, it was just a never ending cycle of your Tamagotchi's dying. This is the moment when you realized what killing all of your Tamagotchi's taught you about parenting.

1. You have to feed them more than once.
You should probably feed them more than once in a blue moon. However, it does not seem to matter how many times you feed them, they are always hungry.

2. You have to play with them.
Apparently, if you don't do activities with them, they get bored. They might like getting to do some activities.

3. You have to make sure they sleep.
While you may be up all night, it doesn't mean they need to. During the day, make sure you are doing some activities with them, that way when night comes, they sleep. However, it doesn't mean that naps aren't encouraged for both parties.

4. You have to keep them close.
In the blink of an eye, they could disappear. With a child, just when you think they are beside you, they have actually wandered off. With a Tamagotchi, it seems that if you blink, they literally are gone because they died.

5. Don't spoil them too much.
Sure, it is okay to make them the center of your world, but the moment you have to go back to work or school, they are going to feel neglected and they might even throw a tempertantrum. If they are a Tamagotchi, they might even die.