Keys To My Happiness

Keys To My Happiness

The steps I took to be a better me.

7
Keys To My Happiness
www.theodysseyonline.com

I wasn't a very happy guy in the past. I would be angry at the most idiotic things, I would be short with others (even my wife) and there wasn't much joy in my life. So I've been doing a lot of thinking and have found a few keys to making myself happier lately, and it has been working great!!!!

1) No Politics- I used to be big into the political talk. I would listen to the Glenn Becks and Rush Limbaughs of the world. I would engage others on social media. I followed all the Facebook media pages I could. But then I found something out: people are cruel! I've always known this, but politics really brings it out in folks. This "if you don't share my opinion, then you're wrong" mentality people get over politics is rough. I lost friends back in 2012 because of it, and I decided this time around (after the Trump election) that I was done. All the negativity was really bumming me out, so I blocked all the social media pages, turned the radio station, and focused on things that are actually important.

2) God- this is the big one! Religion has been important to me for a while now, but it wasn't until I opened myself up to it fully and really dove in that I finally felt that peace and change everyone always talked about! I got tired of running from God and got baptized with my wife recently. It's safe to say that was one of the best decisions I have ever made! I'm so glad I've been happier than I've been in a while now and it's led to.......

3) A New Crowd- My wife and I have recently started volunteering at our church, helping anywhere we are needed. I have played bass on the worship team, we help out in the teen ministry, and we have recently joined the greeter team on Sunday mornings. There are other areas we have volunteered for during our most recent ministry leadership training that we can't wait to start helping in!!! As a result, we have met a lot of amazing people that we are honored to call friends (and church family).

The difference from me a few months ago compared to now is indescribable! I have a whole new outlook on life, I'm more positive and while I'm still working on some other parts of life (I'm no fitness expert, but I'm doing my best), I know that there is nowhere to go but up from here and I couldn't be more excited to see where this road is leading me.