FSU: 'Shark Tank's' Kevin O'Leary Is Coming To Visit

To Everyone At FSU: 'Shark Tank's' Kevin O'Leary Is Coming To Visit

'Mr. Wonderful' is set to speak at Ruby Diamond Hall in early 2019.

44

Kevin O'Leary, Shark Tank's millionaire investor and entrepreneur known as "Mr. Wonderful," will grace Tallahassee early this year as part of First Commerce's Power Forward Speaker Series. He will speak at Ruby Diamond Concert Hall on Wednesday, February 6, from 3:30 to 5:00 p.m.

According to First Commerce CEO Cecilia Homison, "Kevin O'Leary's story of perseverance and hard work speaks to the heart of what every business owner can accomplish when you dare to dream big."

O'Leary, from Montreal, Quebec, graduated from the University of Waterloo in 1977 with degrees in Environmental Studies and Anthropology. In 1980, he earned an MBA from the University of Western Ontario's Ivy Business School with a concentration in Entrepreneurship, according to Investopedia.

O'Leary became a household name after joining the cast of 'Shark Tank', a reality show centered around business and entrepreneurship, as an investor. There, he acquired the nickname "Mr. Wonderful." Since joining the show, O'Leary has invested in many of the businesses featured on the show, including Geek My Tree, Potato Parcel, and Wine and Design, according to his website.

"Today, O'Leary is the Chairman of O'Shares Investments," First Commerce's press release states. "He is also the founder and Chief Sommelier of O'Leary Fine Wines, an award-winning wine label, as well as a member of Boston's 107-year-old Hamilton Trust."

The press release continues, "In addition to Shark Tank, O'Leary is a regular contributor on ABC, CNBC, and CTV, and a bestselling author of two books: "'Cold Hard Truth [on] Men, Women and Money' and 'Cold Hard Truth on Family, Kids and Money.'"

O'Leary will undoubtedly bring a wealth of business expertise to the entrepreneurs of Tallahassee, as well as the students of Florida State University. Students will find his bold, humorous speaking style extremely entertaining as he discusses his knowledge of success in business, entrepreneurship, and personal finance and explains why you should pursue wealth.

"Money is the scorecard of success," says O'Leary, "but it's not money I care about, it's freedom. Money buys freedom, and that's why pursuing wealth and being an entrepreneur are the most noble endeavors on Earth."