Kesha's album "Rainbow" Is Better Than You Can Even Imagine

Take a minute and thank the universe that you exist in the same period as Kesha.

70
Wild

Look let's just jump right in and agree that Kesha is one of the greatest artists ever and she is too good for this world and deserves all of the love and happiness. Okay, glad we're on the same page. Kesha's third album "Rainbow" was realeased over the weekend and everyone needs to take a minute and appreciate it. So queue up your spotify, turn up your speakers, and get ready to listen to one of the best albums of your life.

1. Bastards

Sweet, soft, with some folksy vibes to round it out. For most of the song, it's just Kesha's voice backed with an acoustic guitar. But the music swells and builds during the final minute of the song. Think of "Hey Jude", but a bit more soulful.

Favorite line: "I'll just keep on living, keep on living, oh the way I wanna live."

2. Let 'Em Talk

This gives me some serious old school Avril Lavigne vibes, but much less angsty. It shows off more of the raspy rock aspects of Kesha's voice. It's upbeat, fun, and has a bit of ragged garage band edges.

Favorite line: "We're the kings, life is just our party palace."

3. Woman

All I've wanted to do since this song came out is blast it in front of the White House on repeat 24/7. It's one hell of an anthem that is perfect for pumping yourself up to take down the patriarchy, brick by brick.

Favorite line: "I'm a motherfucking woman."

4. Hymn

This reminds me of "American Teen" by Khalid. It's got that electro beat but the vocals are 100% soul. This is a song you want to play with the top down through neon city lights.

Favorite line: "Sorry if you're star-struck, blame it on the stardust.I know that I'm perfect, even though I'm fucked up."

5. Praying

The first, the best, and the most important. Everything about this song is perfect and that high note is complete FIRE.

Favorite line: "Well, you were wrong and now the best is yet to come."

6. Learn to Let Go

This was the last of her singles to be released before the album and I'm still trying to wrap my head around how obsessed I am with this song. It's good vibes in a song, chill but let's Kesha show off how much she can belt notes.

Favorite line: "Holding on to wasted time, gotta learn to let go in life."

7. Finding You

Another folk-filled song and I can't seem to get enough of it. It's a bit of a love song, and lyrically seems similar to "Past Lives" (which is one of my favorite songs so I'm cool with it).

Favorite line: "I'm gonna search for your love, right through Hell and Heaven ."

8. Rainbow

The titular song of an album has to be incredible, and this doesn't disappoint. In fact, it's so good you may never want to listen to anything ever again. It's strangely hopeful, joyful, and musically stunning.

Favorite line: "And I know that I'm still fucked up. But aren't we all, my love?"

9. Hunt You Down

Country western Kesha? This is the most out there sound wise, but lyrically it has some old Ke$ha vibes. It tells a love story where she warns the person in question that if they cheat she'll "hunt them down". It's a bit odd but I can still jam to it.

Favorite line: "Life is so perfect when you walk the line."

10. Boogie Feet

Again, a bit of old-school Avril vibes. This is the first song to bring back Kesha's rapping and I'm here for it. It's funky, gritty, with a touch of rock n roll.

Favorite line: "Life's a hello, a goodbye, the last laugh, then you die. I boogie 'cause I'm alive."

11. Boots

This. Girl. Can. Sing. Anything. This song is kind of indescribable. It's got swagger, it's mysterious, it's odd. She belts out one line, and raps the next, but somehow it all works together.

Favorite line: "I have boys in every country code, just a rollin' stoner on a roll ."

12. Old Flames (Can't Hold a Candle to You)

Y'all I freaked out when I found out this was going to be on the album. This cover was on her deconstructed album and I was obsessed. While I really like the version on the album, I"m not a fan of Dolly Parton (with whom she duets with).

Favorite line: "Like stars in the night lost in the sweet light of dawn ."

13. Godzilla

What happens when you take Godzilla to the mall? Well, you get one weird ass Kesha song, that's what. The song is cute and still well done, but there's no denying that it's plain ridiculous.

Favorite line: "What do you get when you meet Godzilla and fall in love?"

14. Spaceship

This is the song that did it for me. At first it seems like a middle of the album song, something that's good, but seems a bit one note. But near the end of the song, Kesha starts talking about life and death. This song is pure 100% Kesha, weird and wacky; she's like nothing you've ever seen before and she doesn't care what you think.

Favorite line: "As I leave this earth and sail into the infinite cosmo of the universe, the wars, the triumphs, the beauty, and the bloodshed, the ocean of human endeavor, it all grows quiet, insignificant. I'm nothing more than recycled stardust and borrowed energy, born from a rock, spinning in the ether. I watch my life backwards and forwards and I feel free. Nothing is real, love is everything, and I know nothing."

I will always love glitter Ke$ha, but this folksy flower crowned Kesha is the voice of a generation. It's hope, love, life, and what everyone needs in their life.