How To Keep The New You Around All Year

It's Not Easy To Keep The New You Around All Year, But It Is Possible, Fight For The Life You Want

Keep yourself in check with these tips.

135
Girl

There's no better time to set goals for yourself than for the new year! However, many people have the same goals of going to the gym more or working on saving money and often don't follow through with them after the first month or two. To help keep your goals to better improve yourself, I thought I'd share some tips that help keep me in check, and can hopefully help you, too!

1. Share your goals!

If no one knows your plans, it can be easy to just forget about them or use that as an excuse to give up. However, if you tell a few of your close friends, they can hold you accountable and check in with you to make sure you're following through.

2. Evaluate who you hang out with

You want to make sure the people you're sharing your goals with are going to hold you accountable and support you. It is also important to look around and make sure everyone in your life is leaving a positive mark. Negativity will just bring you down and won't help you achieve any goals.

3. Invest

You don't need to be a pro or even know much about investing to do so, but you'd be surprised how setting a little money aside makes a difference in the long run. Many accounts even allow you to set it up so it automatically takes money from your account.

4. Help others to help yourself feel better

Many people don't realize volunteering is as simple as helping out an organization that supports something you believe in for even just an hour or two a week. You might be surprised how humbling volunteering can be and it will make you appreciative for what you have. It is also good to help make the community you live in a better place.

5. Change how you get fit

It is very common to want to get in shape and healthier for the new year, but doing it the right way is most important to make sure you can stick with your goal. Rather than rushing into things and trying to go to the gym every day of the week and not eat any processed foods, start small. Start by going to the gym once or twice a week. Start by eliminating one unhealthy meal a day. Habits don't form overnight. Changing your health takes time and realizing that is the first step.

6. Find ways to reduce stress

This may sound irrelevant, but stress can often be used as an excuse for us to not do something. While you can't completely eliminate stress, finding ways to reduce it can help you stay motivated to stick with your goals! Little ways to start this can be by finding time to meditate once a week or taking more time for yourself.

7. Pick a place to travel!

While this is not easy and possible for everyone, even finding a cheap weekend getaway is a great way to give yourself a break and evaluate how you have been doing in the year.

8. Spend less time on your phone

This is another thing where you can start small by maybe choosing to not go on your phone immediately when you wake up!

9. Become more knowledgeable with what is happening in the world

You can learn so much just by reading the news, and you never know the types of conversations you could end up having with people. This just helps keep you well rounded and a part of society. It can also help you determine whether or not your goals are attainable depending on what is going on in the world, especially with investing!