Keep Dreaming

Keep Dreaming

Don't let anyone keep you from it.

13
Keep Dreaming
Cosmic Love Flickr

When we were little kids, we were told to never stop dreaming, never lose your imagination or sense of wonder. It was easy to dream as a kid because nothing stood in your way and there was no one that would tell you that what you dreamed of couldn't be achieved. Sadly, we all have to grow older, and grow up. We lose that part of ourselves -- we have many different responsibilities -- getting jobs, becoming functioning members of society, always doing the right thing, to get our head out of the clouds, stop dreaming and join the Real World.

I am here to tell you, to never stop dreaming. Keep hold of that part of you that makes you special and fight for it. Do not let someone tell you that what you want can't happen, don't allow someone else's insecurities influence you to stop wanting to shoot for the stars.

A lot of people today would say that people with an active imagination are silly or immature, but for people like us, or imagination is our solace. In our mind, we have created a place where we have total creative freedom to do, say, or think whatever we want. Our imagination is a way to stay sane in our crazy world. Life is so precious, and we don't have as much time as we would like to think. I don't want to spend my days that I have to be filled with dread to get up every morning, going to a job that I hate, seeing people that I don't care about, doing this over and over until I don't have any days left. I want my time in this life to be filled with wonder, adventure, love and laughter. Don't we all want to live a life filled with happiness and no regrets? Of course we do -- I think as we grow older we lose sight of that dream that we once had. All we can think about is finding a job that will pay the bills -- we forget what it was like to be a kid and believe that we can do anything.

Don't settle for anything less than you deserve. Your dreams are real and they can come true -- you just have to fight for them. Sure, there will be times where we can fail so hard you never think you will bounce back, but once you get to where you're going, all of the blood, sweat and tears will be worth it.

My goal in life is to hold onto my imagination, my sense of wonder, belief in magic and to my dreams. I encourage you to do the same. Be tough, be courageous, be ready to fight for your dreams and anything or anyone that tell you that you can't. Never stop dreaming, even if it breaks your heart.

"All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them." --Walt Disney