Keep Calm and Spring On

Keep Calm and Spring On

5 Things to Do This Spring Break

75
Keep Calm and Spring On
unsplash

If you’re like me, and other college students, you dread going home for breaks because you have a penny to your name and can’t go somewhere tropical for a vacation getaway. Instead, you let the endless days slip by, watching crazy snapchat stories of people at Miami beach or in Mexico having the time of their lives. However, I promise there are ways to get through the week or two you have lounging at home. Rather than sitting on the couch and gaining 15 pounds bing watching netflix and eating your heart out, here are a few alternative ideas to occupy your time!

1. Visit friends who aren’t on spring break

It is nearly impossible to visit friends that invite you to their college every weekend when so much is going on in your own life. With no classes, school work, or priorities, spring break is the perfect time to go and visit. It doesn’t hurt to have a little fun every now and then, right?

2. Take a day trip to the beach

Take the 2 hour drive to your advantage! Even if you don’t have a beach house, it doesn’t hurt to be spontaneous and treat yourself. Get a small group together, pack lunches and beach chairs and hit the Jersey shore!

3. Revisit your old high school

Just for old times sake and the sweet memories, take a trip to your high school. Go and visit the teacher’s you loved and relive a blast from the past!

4. Take time for yourself

Whether that means: putting your phone down for a day or two, doing yoga, or working on hobbies, spring break is a great time to focus solely on yourself and do what you want to do. No teachers up your butt demanding you to turn in assignments, no studying for tests you’ll have after break, and no waking up to your alarm buzzing reminding you to get up for your 8am. The whole school year is devoted to pleasing other people and suiting their needs. Take the time to unwind and suit yourself.

5. Eat

This is a no brainer. With very few hours in the day, sometimes you forget to eat at every meal. And, campus food is not the best, let alone the fact that the minimal choices gets real old real quick. So why not go to your favorite hometown restaurants and eat your heart out while you can?

While it may seem like spring break is such a barrier if you’re not able to vacation with friends or family, there are ways you can truthfully enjoy the time you have off. Taking the intitative to make the most of your time and fulfilling your days doing things you enjoy the most, will make you develop more of an appreciation for your spring break, I promise.