The Kardashians Epitomize Everything Wrong With Society

There is nothing to look up to or admire.

4367
blog.appypie.com

This has been a long time coming for me. I have been riding the anti-Kardashian band wagon for quite some time now, and I wish everyone could see what I see. The vanity. The undeserving irony. The air of self-importance. I am here to tell you all the Kardashian's exemplify almost every social issue we face today, in every aspect of their lives.

A picture of Kylie awkwardly holding her head in a green windbreaker received 1,179,191 likes on Instagram. A picture of half of her face cut off wearing a Von Dutch hat got 1,084,401 likes and a picture of her going to bed with the little snoozy emoji rolled in 1,287,859 likes. Are we serious, guys? Why would millions of people care about or be intrigued by that? Sweet, she's wearing a hat and took another self-centered picture of herself. Awesome, thanks for the update, Kylie.

A picture of Leonardo DiCaprio, an inarguably attractive person and one of the most influential and talented actors of our time, got only 473,542 likes on Instagram. In this picture, Leo was feeding an endangered orangutan in Indonesia and advocating for forest protection. So glad we have our priorities straight.

Kylie also dies her hair blue and green every now and again, which is hilarious considering the fact that countless middle and high school students used to get bullied for the same thing. Kylie does it and now, all of the sudden, it's edgy and cool? This is something Kylie can't necessarily be blamed for, but it goes to show how dependent and quick to conform we are.

A while ago, Kylie posted a photograph boasting about three pimped out cars she apparently owns. Or, are hers rather. She has no real job and three cars, and I have three jobs to pay for one car, all the while pursuing my degree and playing a collegiate sport. Something does not seem right about that. I guess she deserves them though.

Sissy Kendall had the privilege of announcing on stage during the 2014 Billboard Music Awards and fumbled over the words on the prompter. She did not have to memorize anything. She just had to read the screen in front of her. This task is easier said than done when you're in front of a large crowd and a live television audience. However, she proceeded to laugh coyly and justify herself by saying "Guys, I'm the worst reader." Maybe trading in the lip plumper for a good book is a prolific idea.

Logistically, I could go on and on about our beloved Kimmy K. Starting with the fact she used to be Paris Hilton's assistant and rose to fame only after Ray Jay made her a star. I understand what people do in their private lives is completely up to them, and I even realize people make mistakes. That tape, however, was not a mistake, and I have zero respect for that.

Kim has been married a billion times and each has lasted about a day or so. The irony of it all is that Kanye did find himself a gold-digger after all. A fame-whore, really. If something remarkable isn't going on in Kim's life, which is likely because she doesn't do anything to benefit society, she resorts to whichever PR stunt she hasn't already used to stay relevant. It is honestly so pathetic.

The nude was the last straw for me. She has not one, but two, count em' two, small children at home. Definitely setting a great example. She also had the nerve to claim people were "body shaming" her for it. What a joke. We're not criticizing your body, Kim, we're criticizing your actions. Oh, and let's not forget about the selfie where she cut North out! That was my favorite.

Out of the whole gaggle, the one I can appreciate the most is Kourtney because she doesn't buy into her family's blatant narcissism as much. She also doesn't exploit her children. Khloe ranks in high too because she often sets everyone straight and, I dare say, keeps it real. I struggle to use the term "real" because Khloe's face has been completely transmogrified by plastic surgery.

She openly admits to being a fan of plastic surgery and some of her followers refer to her as "queen "and write comments like "OMG, YAS SLAY" under her photos. Stop it, just stop it. If these girls are queens of anything it's egotism and being spoiled rotten.

The Kardashians are not to be looked up to, and it bewilders me that they sit atop such a high pedestal. Why anyone would admire or aspire to be like them sincerely baffles me. They represent social decay and a tide we do not want to follow. If we want to change our beauty standards and our outlook on life, then we should probably stop glorifying the wrong people. We need better role models and to fill our lives with something richer, not riches.