7 Reasons Why Kardashians/Jenners Are Successful Business Gurus

Welcome to this insane business empire.

954
W Magazine

Whether you love them or hate them, it's undeniable the Kardashian/ Jenner family has built an enormous business empire. Ranging from apps, fashion lines, boutiques, beauty products, books, television shows, etc. this bunch has shown they are insane business moguls. Here are seven reasons why the Kardashian/ Jenner family should be applauded for their intelligent business tactics.

1. Reality Television Shows

The Kardashian/ Jenner family is praised for the enormous amount of reality television series that are produced surrounding their lives. Viewers seem to crave new television shows behind the intriguing Kardashian/ Jenner bunch, considering the Kardashian clan has been featured in approximately 12 television series. Regardless of how many haters this family may have, their shows have shown tremendous success. Their most famous series documenting the family's life since 2007, Keeping Up With The Kardashians(KUWTK), premieres on E! Network. Season 13 of KUWTK is said to premiere March 12th at 9 p.m. on E!, so stay tuned!

2. Fashion and Beauty Gurus

Nineteen-year-old Kylie Jenner is hands-down known to be one of the most successful beauty gurus. Kylie Cosmetics, launched in 2016, has shown an insane amount of success. Kylie Lip Kits are known to sell out within minutes of being launched onto her website. Fans follow Kylie's business closely, with her accustoming her new lines and colors to what the customers desire. This is one of Kylie's many smart business tactics, pleasing the customers, in turn, gains Kylie more revenue for her business. Along with beauty success, the three Kardashian sisters, Kim, Kourtney, and Khloe, have created their fashion boutique DASH. When the boutique first opened it struggled. However, the sisters rose it immensely, with the store being extremely successful to this day with three locations in West Hollywood, Miami Beach, and the SoHo District in New York City. KENDALL+KYLIE is also another successful fashion line with clothes being sold in popular stores like Pac Sun, Neiman Marcus, and Top Shop. Their lines are also shown in many fashion shows, boosting their credibility in the fashion world.

3. Apps

Kim Kardashian's game app is said to have brought in over $100 million since it's launch in 2014. The app is free to download, however, players can purchase "extras" in the game which is where most of the revenue derives from. Kim constantly keeps the game up-to-date which is an intelligent business tactic because it keeps players intrigued, and feeling as if they're living the true Kardashian life. After the extreme success of Kim's game app, each sister created their personal apps that can be downloaded in the iTunes store for a $2.99 monthly subscription fee. Each sister's app emphasizes their expertise in the fashion, beauty, travel, and fitness worlds.

4. Social Media Tactics

The Kardashian/ Jenner family has accumulated over approximately 404.7 million followers on Instagram and over approximately 154.93 million followers on Twitter. These business moguls thrive off social media techniques in building their business empire - which is smart. These sisters make thousands of dollars for one promotional tweet or Instagram post. Constantly updating their accounts keeps fans intrigued and up-to-date on their latest products/ endeavors.

5. Method Behind Parasocial Interaction

Parasocial interaction (PSI) is a communication technique where celebrities endorse themselves, and fans feel a connection of some kind to that specific celebrity. PSI is promoted in the Kardashian/ Jenner family because they endorse themselves on their social media accounts so well that fans begin to feel a connection with this family. This makes it easier for the Kardashian/ Jenners to promote their products and businesses in a not-so-pushy way.

6. Failed Endeavors

Failure is the first step to success. Although this family is praised for their unimaginable success, they have failed plenty along their way to fame. Talkshows, books and fashion lines haven't made the revenue expected and haters constantly attempt to tear down this family's fame, however, the Kardashian/ Jenner family still stands strong. In the end, they are true business moguls, entrepreneurs, and content creators who have created an insane empire.

7. Net Worth

The Kardashian/ Jenner family is stated to have a net worth of over approximately $300 million. Kim leads the family with her net worth accounting for over $100 million with the littlest sister, Kylie Jenner, creeping up the ladder. Numbers don't lie. These sisters truly have built an enormous business empire.