Sorry Kanye, As Long As 'Jesus Is King,' You Are NOT the Greatest Artist That God Created

Sorry Kanye, As Long As 'Jesus Is King,' You Are NOT The Greatest Artist That God Created

You still have your God-complex, I see.

143
YouTube

Kanye West has been all over my social media timeline lately — with the release of his album "Jesus is King" to taking his Sunday Service to a prison and performing for the inmates there, he's been spreading the love of God and His Word a lot.

As a black woman who came from a strong Christian family, I'm not mad.

Seriously, I'm not.

I do, however, take great offense as a person who LOVES music and entertainment, that during a visit to Joel Osteen's church, Kanye said that he is the greatest artist the God has ever created.

I don't know if Kanye truly understands the point of being Christian, but having a God-complex is one of the things that he has got to let go of.

Kanye's ego has been the one thing in his career that has remained constant. There was a time when I couldn't listen to Kanye because of his egotistical attitude.

His "Yeezus" phase was the nail in the coffin for me because I couldn't sit and listen to someone say they're black Jesus and King and a whole bunch of nonsense and take him seriously as an artist.

Sure other artists have said that they are a God or claimed to be the best of all time — like Eminem has a song called "Rap God," where he says, "Be a king? Think not, why be a king when you can be a God?" He didn't make that his whole career.

Kanye made the past 4-5 years of being a God and just working on that and now he's trying to preach to others when he hasn't completely let go of that part of his life. There are many other artists, some of whom have passed on that I believe were and still ARE the greatest artists ever created by God.

So Kanye, until you do something that really and truly moves me, don't place yourself in a Hall of Fame if you were never nominated in the first place.