Everyone knows who Kanye is, whether it's your grandma who knows him as that guy who doesn't have good grammar, or your fellow teens whose voices are constantly gone from screaming his lyrics every Friday night.
So for all the times where you're lacking in pop culture knowledge, read this article so you have something interesting to whip out.
1. "I feel like I'm too busy writing history to read it."
Interesting. Could this be Kanye's way of telling the public that he is illiterate?
2. "50 is Eminem's favorite rapper. I'm my favorite rapper."Giphy
All right then, you're your own role model, I guess. No one loves you like Kanye loves Kanye.
3. "I don't even listen to rap. My apartment is too nice to listen to rap in."Giphy
Wait, but aren't you a rapper? Does this mean that you don't like your own music?
4. "If I was just a fan of music, I would think that I was the number one artist in the world."Giphy
Bro, you're sending some mixed messages here. Do you or do you not like your own music?
5. "I really appreciate the moments that I was able to win rap album of the year or whatever."Giphy
Wow, so sincere or whatever.
6. "Love your haters, they're your biggest fans."Giphy
I can't tell if this is really deep or really stupid.
7. "I don't care about what people think, because people don't think."Giphy
My above statement still stands.
8. "You basically can say anything to someone on an email or text as long as you put LOL at the end."Giphy
I'll keep that in mind for the next time I have to break up with someone or tell them someone died. Thanks, Kanye.
9. "You weren't perfect, but you made life worth it."Giphy
Kim is such a lucky woman.
10. "My greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live."Giphy
Me too, buddy, me too.
11. "They say people in your life are seasons, and anything that happens is for a reason."Giphy
Alright, I actually really like this one, it's pretty true.
12. "Believe in your flyness...conquer your shyness."Giphy
Now I understand why he's such a good rapper. It's because of these dope rhymes.
13. "One of my biggest Achilles heels has been my ego, and if I, Kanye West, can remove my ego, I think there's hope for everyone."Giphy
At least he knows he has a big ego.
14. "I want the world to be better! All I want is positive! All I want is dopeness!"Giphy
He's got a point. Dopeness= better world.
15. "Sometimes people write novels, and they just be so wordy and so self-absorbed."Giphy
You don't say.
Above all, his weird and sometimes ignorant comments on life, he does have a point. Living life to its fullest with tons of confidence isn't all that bad. My personal favorite quote of his is "I refuse to accept other people's ideas of happiness for me. As if there's a 'one size all' standard for happiness." Kanye has a great mindset where he doesn't let anyone's opinions affect him. He constantly strives to be better and always sets high goals for himself, and I don't see anything wrong with that, even if they are based on his own arrogance and ego sometimes.