Kamala Harris Saying 'I'm Speaking' Should Be Every Woman To Mansplainers

Kamala Harris Saying 'I'm Speaking' Should Be Every Woman When A F*ckboy Tries To Mansplain

Here are some phrases to clap back at mansplaining.

2347

Thankfully most of us are fully aware when a guy is mansplaining something to you. In case you don't know what mansplaining is, the Merriam-Webster Dictionary defines it as "explaining something to a woman in a condescending way that assumes she has no knowledge about the topic."

In any case, Kamala Harris made us all very proud during the vice presidential debate when Mike Pence was spewing gibberish while she was eloquently speaking. Kamala replied to Mike's disrespectful interruptions with a simple "I'm speaking," and honestly, we should take notes.

Ladies, it is as simple as that to get back your voice the next time a guy tries to interrupt you and mansplain something. Need other options? Here are 11 phrases you can use when trying to clap back at mansplainers — whether you're on a date or elsewhere.

1. I'm speaking.

2. That's what I just said.

3. Thanks for explaining, I'm aware.

4. Are you done stroking your ego?

5. I'm not finished talking.

6. Your interruption is not needed.

7. That's inappropriate.

8. That won't be necessary.

9. Unless you treat me as an equal, this isn't going to work.

10. Being condescending won't help you.

11. I don't need you to explain my own thoughts to me.

Follow Swoon on Instagram.