Thank You To Those Who Care

Thank You To Those Who Care

Tell those who matter thank you because you won't always be able to.
96

In my life, there have been many people whom I have admired. They've ranged from coaches to politicians and even to co-workers, but the people who have had the most significant impact on me have been my high school teachers, so here is my thank you letter to that one specific teacher for changing my life.

When you walked into the classroom on the first day of my sophomore year, I knew there was something about you that set you apart from all the other teachers. You had a personality that radiated love and care for every student's well-being and education (a quality that the modern school system seems to be lacking).

In the beginning, you didn't know of my existence, but I still loved sitting in your class every day. Then November came around and both our lives changed - our grandparents had passed away. That moment was a turning point for us. I understood you and you me and the world seemed like a better place to be.

Since that day on, I can safely say that you became not only my parent but also my best friend. You became someone who wasn't afraid to push me to my breaking point but also knew when to stop. Someone who knew both the good and the bad to me, and wanted nothing more than to make me a better version of myself. Someone I could say I would be happy to be when I'm older.

I may be gone, but our bond remains unbroken.

Fellow students, take a moment out of your holiday break and text, call, email a person who has taken a keen interest in you and let them know you appreciate them. Our time on this world is finite, so take a minute and let those care know you appreciate them.