Just Me Explaining Why I Love John Mayer's Songs So Much

This is basically just me explaining my love for one of my all-time favorite artists, John Mayer, and his songs.

455
Vulture

Like many others, I grew up listening to John Mayer. His songs on his older albums bring back so much nostalgia. My personal favorite album is his "Continuum" which holds many of the classics. Memories of driving in the backseat of my mom's car while "Daughters" played and listening to his acoustic songs over and over again all bring back good childhood memories. His voice was always so soothing and gentle. (Still is!!!)

1. "Waiting on the World to Change"

I love this song so much because it has a really powerful meaning behind it. The song is very slow. I love how he repeats words like "waiting" and "standing" to portray how nothing is happening and it's up to change the world. "One day our generation is gonna rule the population." Preach it, John!

2. "Daughters"

This SONG. This one is one of my first memories of John Mayer and one of the first songs of his that I ever listened to. It is such a sweet song and it never gets old no matter how many times I listen to it. “Fathers be good to your daughters and daughters will live like you do. Girls become lovers who turn into mothers so mothers be good to your daughters, too.” Oh, my. Tears are flowing.

3. "Dreaming With a Broken Heart"

Am I the only one who cries most times they hear this song? Yes? You're lying to yourself. This song has painful lyrics but they are so good. "When you're dreaming with a broken heart, waking up is the hardest part." OKAY JOHN. Why did you have to play my heart like that?

4. "The Heart of Life"

Yet another good one? Don't mind if I do! This song is slightly upbeat and really just makes me happy. "Pain throws your heart to the ground, love turns the whole thing around." YES.

5. "Your Body is a Wonderland"

Found on yet another one of my favorite albums, Room for Squares, this is one of his most popular songs and one of his best. An absolute classic, if you will.

6. "In the Blood"

On his recently released album, The Search for Everything the first time I heard this song I listened to it probably about 200 times. It's really good, trust me.

I love this man and his music to no end. These are just a few of my favorite songs by him and I can't wait to hear more when they come out down the road!