You can hear all the stories or come to town for a visit but if you aren't actually a student at FSU, you don't get it. There are just certain things you only understand if you are a seminole. You know, just FSU things.
1. Proudly owning a Gator shirt.
...Purely for WTW.
2. Mount Diffenbaugh is your workout for the day.
Okay, maybe for the week. You know what. You deserve some YOMO after that.
3. Your priorities are completely in order.
*Has a 9 a.m. class*
"Nope. No, that is way too early."
*Has a 9 a.m. pre-game for a noon game."
"Let's do this."
What's so confusing about dressing up however the birthday girl chooses, making a sign and banner and pins and glittered champagne bottle, doing 21 tasks, then throwing her in a fountain (even if it's winter), then making sure she gets home alive?
5. How to prepare for a hurricane.
Yes, mom, I went to Publix and got everything I need.
6. When even the restaurants know how to handle hurricanes.
7. Leaning back in your chair at Stroz.
Yeah, I'm fine. My life just flashed before my eyes but I'm good.
8. Knowing your schedule.
- Monday: Clyde’s
- Wednesday: Wine Down
- Thursday: Purg
- Friday- Happy Hour at Pots/Clydes
- Saturday: Standard
- Sundays: Brunch at Madso
9. Parking your car wherever and just hoping for the best.
10. Trying to go out during syllabus week, to the union on Market Wednesday or anywhere when we play UM at home.
Only the strong make it out alive.
11. When there's free pizza on Landis.
12."Isn't that a huge party school?"
How do you become a top party school? When "I have a final tomorrow" is no longer a valid excuse.
13. When people think we are just pretty faces and strong livers.
Just last month, FSU's research team made a breakthrough in the search for a cure for the Zika virus. The team pinpointed two drugs that may be able to stop the spread of the virus in the body as well as prevent its transmission from mothers to newborns. Yeah, what did you do today?
14. This makes you even more excited for football season.
If this little babe does not get you excited for game days and war chants then I don't know what will.