Breathe

Breathe

Don't worry about something for more than five minutes.

73
Personal Image
Molly Martinez

Just breathe...

Don't worry about that history final that you have to study for. Don't worry about that boy that never texted you back. Don't worry about having to do anything right now. Just breathe.

Sometimes it's so easy to forget to relax and take a minute to yourself. It's that time of the year where everyone goes back throughout their year and reflects on stuff that they may or may not have done. Of course, that might freak some people out but don't let it freak you out. It's okay not to have done something. Just think about the small things that made you're year unique. Like being a junior in college and making it this far or getting a new position in your sorority or just getting an A on that test you worried about.

Lately, I've been finding it hard to take a minute to myself and just relax. This is probably something that every college student struggles with, but to function, we need to make a minute.

Go to the battery and just sit and watch the water or go to the beach and just walk around. You could lay in bed and listen to music or watch that show on Netflix that you love. Do something that you like to do.

Don't let life get the best of you because it's not worth it and risking your mental health for something so small isn't worth it. I recently read something called the five by 5 rule that made me rethink everything. It was if it's not going to matter in 5 years, don't spend more than five minutes on it. Now if you're stressing about finals and need to study please spend more than five minutes going over your work but if it's something other than your finals and it's been stressing you out for a hot minute stop overanalyzing it. All that's going to do to you is make you crazy.

Just take a minute and breathe. Don't worry about anything else just focus on you. Loving yourself is something that most people struggle with but take the time to learn about yourself and find what makes you happy.