Junior Year As Told By Elle Woods

Junior Year As Told By Elle Woods

Life as a junior in college, as told by the fabulous star of Legally Blonde - Elle Woods.

9
Junior Year As Told By Elle Woods
Odyssey

Junior year is arguably one of the greatest and most difficult terms of any college student’s career. You have it all pretty much figured out by now, just as things are coming to a quick close. No longer are the days of worrying about how to pick your classes and the best way to dress, all that stuff just comes natural – the real worry is graduating. Your workload probably doubled junior year, but you also figured it out and it was probably a year of fabulous things you will never forget. Having only about three weeks left of being a Junior, its safe to say I picked up a thing or two about the third-year lifestyle. Elle Woods is here to tell our story, as being or having been juniors in college.

1. You wear whatever you want to class and parties

[Image via Giphy.com]

Yeah sure Elle was tricked into wearing a costume, but her confidence in that house party was nothing short of the attitude most juniors have at this point. When we were freshman we tried hard to prove ourselves and make our place at our schools. We probably felt under a lot of pressure to impress the people around us and to stand out – but as juniors you can kind of just float. You usually have your established group of friends and life isn’t about making an impression, but more about just making it by. No longer are the days of dressing up for class, or putting on your skimpiest outfits to go out, its about just looking good and feeling good.

2. You are over the dating situation

[Image via Giphy.com]

When we all came into school as freshman we did not know what to expect, we were all probably hoping to meet our dream guy, fall in love and do the whole “college” relationship thing. Maybe some even did, but at this point in your college career you are probably just OVER it. Boys are stupid, dating is stupid, and getting into a committed relationship with so little time left to hangout with your friends and enjoy the short four years of college seems a little stupid. It helps that guys suck.

3. You truly know your school

[Image via Giphy.com]

You could be the official ambassador of your campus with all the information you have picked up over the past three years. You could draw a map of your campus blindfolded and you know the answers to all the stupid and strange trivia questions every school has, as well as all the choice spots for hanging out and studying. The school is truly your domain and the seniors are leaving. You are a soon to be rising senior and kings and queens of campus.

4. You know who you are and you aren’t scared to take what you want

[Image via Buzzfeed.com]

At this point in your life you are probably admitted into your major, know the campus like the back of your hand, and run your own show with its own rules. Junior year is the year you really come into yourself and you aren’t scared to invest into your future. Internships, volunteer work, and heavy class loads are just a few of the fabulous things you will or have probably thrown yourself into as a junior. You aren’t scared of a challenge and the world is your oyster.

5. You have got it together

[Image via Tumblr.com]

Sure you’re probably super stressed out, and life is more overwhelming than ever before, but you’ve got it all together. A good cry sesh every now and again is good for the soul and at the end of the day you know exactly what you need to do to get to where you are going – or at the very least to graduate.

[Image via Tumblr.com]