June Is Inevitably The Best Month
Education

Why June is the Best Month of the Year

We are over a week into June and this is why this month is the best month compared to the other 11 months.

2196
Why June is the Best Month of the Year
Personal Photo

Here are five reasons why June is the best

1. PRIDE

In honor of the 1969 Stonewall Riots in Manhattan June is the official month to celebrate and honor the LBGTQ+ community. While many people do not understand and can't comprehend why it is important, it is a month for those to celebrate their sexuality and shout to the world that they exist and that they will not be repressed, degraded and treated like a curse. That they are humans, your brothers, sisters, friends, family members, neighbors, school teacher, etc. Heterosexual supports can celebrate as well in support of the community as Allies. If Harry Potter taught us anything it is that nobody deserves to live in a closet. Be true to you and do not let hate keep you from being who you truly are.

2. Graduations

One of the best feelings for many is going home back to their alma mater high school and watching their younger classmates graduate. As you watch them walk across the stage, you get hit with a wave of happiness as you reflect on when you graduated. Or perhaps it is you who is graduating! You just finished the hardest four years of your life and now you get to do it again if you go to college or maybe you are going into the military or simply joining the workforce because you still have no idea what you want to do. And that is okay! You just completed a milestone, its okay to not know what to do next but congratulation to the Classes of 2019 and to all those who follow!

3. Summer!

Unless you hate the heat and despise the sunlight, summer is here and it is time to live. Even if you are working before your first semester of college or if you work 40 hours a week. Do not forget to take health days and on your days off do something enjoyable. Do not spend your entire summer secluded and working all the time. Go for a hike, eat at a local restaurant, take a bike ride, visit a local museum or simply just go outside and enjoy the warmth of the sun. But do not forget the sunscreen! Take care of yourself and engage in healthy activities and enjoy yourself because you are only young once.

4. Birthday parties

For many of us, including myself, our birthday falls in the summer when school is out. We are fortunate that we do not have to go to school on our birthday. We also can throw amazing parties because pool birthday parties are always a great way to spend time with friends and family in the scorching heat. Or maybe there is no birthday party and you can just relax in the cool water!

5. National Best Friend's Day

June 8th, also known as my birthday, is National Best Friend's Day, celebrate with some close friends, enjoy the summer and just have fun!

Many people can argue that June is not the best month, but I can argue that it is! What is your favorite month of the year?