Six six-foot boys jumping in the elevator to break it

6 Six-Foot Guys I Wanted To Kill In The Elevator

Disclaimer: no one was actually hurt in this story.

152

It started just like any other Thursday afternoon, after finishing my last class of the day, I was elated to head back to my dorm and take a much-needed nap.

Living on the tenth floor, stairs were certainly not an option. I scanned in my resident card in the elevator and hit the button for the tenth floor. A distant call from down the hall begged "Wait! Grab the door!" and I, being the kind soul that I am, stuck my arm between the slowly closing jaws of the elevator door.

To my surprise, six rather tall boys joined me in the tiny, enclosed chamber. Being packed like sardines in the elevator has become an everyday occurrence for me, so I actually did not mind that this clique packed in with me. However, I was mildly annoyed that I did not receive a mere "thank you" for my heroic act of risking my arm being crushed by the unforgiving elevator.

The cold metal doors slammed shut after all the boys had shoved in. One of the boys promptly announced loudly and proudly that he had a "funny idea." His idea of fun was trying to get us all stuck in the elevator. He counted down from three and on three all six of the boys jumped. Hard.

Just yesterday an elevator broke down and the fire department had to use "the jaws of life" to pry open the doors and pull out the unfortunate occupants.

Now I had reason to be much more than mildly annoyed. I shot the dirtiest look I could to the guy who suggested that we should attempt to get ourselves stuck in a miserable situation. But alas, there was nothing I could do. They had already jumped. No look of disgust could reverse what had already happened. The elevator shook violently but, thanks to the work of God himself, it continued upwards toward the heavens.

Perhaps the only reasonable explanation for why the elevator did not break down under such great pressure is that God knew that I would have killed six boys that day if they had gotten me stuck.

The boys got off, all laughing hysterically while pushing and punching each other for no apparent reason.

Against all odds, I did, in fact, make it to my dorm room alive that day. After being majorly inconvenienced by those six six-foot boys, I threw myself into bed and took a much-deserved nap.