Jump Off the Deep End with Jauz

Jump Off the Deep End with Jauz

Ending January in his hometown of San Francisco, Jauz slays the Bill Graham

11
Jump Off the Deep End with Jauz

If you were one of the lucky people who attended the Jauz show in San Francisco over the last weekend of January, you were part of something truly magical. Not only did Jauz completely take over the Bill Graham Civic Auditorium, but he was accompanied by Ghastly, Slushii, Too Short, E40, and surprise performer Iamsu as well. With a mix between Bay Area hip-hop and original house and dubstep beats, this concert brought people from each side of the music spectrum, creating a melting pot right in the middle of one of our biggest melting pot cities.

Opening with Ghastly, the show started with a stronger dubstep vibe than the rest of the evening, but still drew in people as they trickled in from the outside doors. Following Ghastly came Slushii with a lighter dubstep sound, but still just as an intense of a performance. Shortly after Slushii, rapper’s Too Short and E40 jumped on stage to performer classic Bay Area song’s such as, Function and Blow the Whistle. The rappers drew in a more native Bay Area crowd, expanding the demographic of the attendees from more than just EDM and house-music lovers. Unlike the other four openers, Iamsu was not on the list released beforehand, so his appearance was a surprise to everyone. After an extravagant show put on by the five openers, Jauz finally began his set around 11:00pm. With a happy medium of his own beats as well as mixes of crowd-pleasers such as Bad and Boujee by Migos, Fix You by Coldplay, and Don’t Let Me Down by the Chainsmokers, Jauz tore up the Bill Graham from top to bottom. To our happy surprise Jauz also played an unreleased song just for the 8,500 of us. With a more bouncy, lighter sound the unreleased song had every person with their arms up and mouths wide with a grin, dancing to the new beat. Overall, Jauz created an amazing show, musically and visually for every individual person who attended, making it an experience to remember.

If you were one of the 8,500 people who got to see the amazing collaboration of Ghastly, Slushii, Too Short, E40, Iamsu, and Jauz you will have that beautiful scene of every smiling face and flashing light etched into your mind for years to come. Luckily, Jauz is still on tour and will be back around the West Coast on February 18 for a show in Las Vegas. If possible for you, definitely make the trip to see Jauz; his events are much more than just a concert, trust me.