'Julie And The Phantoms' On Netflix Is The Perfect Pre-Halloween Show To Binge If You Like Ghosts

But it's not what you'd expect.

530

Being at school during a pandemic is great because you're back in your favorite place with your best friends, but it's definitely not the same.

Since no one can (and shouldn't) go out to parties or social events, it means you're stuck inside your apartment all day with your roommates. I love my roommates and I love spending time with them, but after a while, you need your space.

I usually turn to Netflix to provide this little break for myself, but I've recently been in a TV show slump, until now. Last week I saw my roommate watching the new Netflix show "Julie and the Phantoms," and I thought it was your typical teen show, but boy was I wrong.

www.youtube.com

When I started watching it, I didn't know what to expect. All I knew was that the main character Julie, lost her passion for music after her mom died. The story got more interesting and had more plot twists as the show went on.

While cleaning out her mom's old music studio, Julie discovers these three totally cute ghost boys that have been in a sort of "purgatory" for the last 25 years after playing one of their CDs she found in the loft. Only Julie can see the boys, and at first, like any normal and rational person, is totally freaked out.

She runs out of there as quickly as possible, but then she goes back to discover they're still there. While talking to them, she discovers that they died right before they were going to get their big break in the music industry.

The boys want to start playing music again, and since they're ghosts, no one can hear them right? Wrong, so wrong. All of a sudden when they play, everyone can hear them playing.

Then after some time passes, they discover that people can hear them and see them only when they're playing music. When they stop, the boys disappear.

Julie and the boys then decide to start a band together, covering for the boys saying that they're holograms, and that's why they disappear after the music stops playing.

I don't want to give away all of the details, but the show has several love storylines, tests friendships, and has very touching storylines about valuing family. I even cried at two episodes because they were *that* good. I'm always down for a cheesy Netflix teen show, but this has to be one of my favorites. In fact, I'm going to go watch it again after I'm done writing this.

"Julie and the Phantoms" wasn't the show I was expecting it to be, but in the best way possible. It exceeded my expectations, and I was thoroughly entertained through the whole show. This Netflix show will be on my favorites for a long time.