Why Do We Judge People On Their Aspirations?

Society paints this clear-cut picture of what life is supposed to look like, but is there really only one?

46
https://www.pexels.com/photo/silhouette-of-person-walking-1046896/

Is the idea that you go to school, find a great job, a significant other, settle down, and switch off having BBQ night with your in-laws every other week in the summer? Well, sure, for some people, it just might be that. But, why every time someone says they're not sure, or they're taking a different path or career, do we decide to show our concern through looks of uncertainty and groans?

I mean, honestly, someone's goals, interests, or ideas are that odd and minuscule to you? That person's goals, interests, or ideas could potentially move mountains one day. You may not see it, but they sure do believe it.

I recently wrote about becoming an affiliate for Bang Energy. This company gives opportunities to so many people like myself that just want to show the world their passion while being inspired in return. They have groups of dancers, Bboys, and shufflers. My goal is to dance for them, and working my way to that point isn't going to be easy, but I know deep down it's something I've wanted to do for so long.

This is such an important thing for me right now, and I'd hope that those around me would feel the same way, but that's not the case at all. I get a lot of reserved looks, comments, and the rest of the negativity that comes with stepping out of your comfort zone.

Where it stings most is getting it from family. Most of my family is seriously psyched for me and the opportunities this could present, but to others, it's all just a ruse or pointless.

Sometimes, your goals aren't seen as interesting to other people, or attainable, but the truth of it all is that, at the end of the day, your thoughts are really all that matter. People are going to judge people that go against the grain and search for something a little different in life. It's hard adjusting yourself to the criticism, but when you find yourself at the top, it won't matter.