Being a journalist in this day and age is all about connections.

The thing is that I don’t know a lot about HTML and coding.

36
http://www.merak.com.tw/

Being a journalist in this day and age is all about connections. Who do you know in the industry who can give you a chance or who can put in a good word for you with so and so. It is not bad but jobs are limited.

I have known since I was 16 that I wanted to be a journalist. That was 11 years ago. The times have changed and now everything is online. I am not saying that print is dead, because it is not, social media has blown up tremendously in the last couple of years. Now, everything is about online portfolios and writing for online websites. Multimedia is universal so of course it makes sense for journalism to expand with the years.

The thing is that I don’t know a lot about HTML and coding. I actually don’t know anything about how to build a website or how to maintain it besides hitting publish on new posts, linking and uploading images. I am trying to learn but I just don’t have the time.

However, I have friends who are talented in that department. They’ve built my current portfolio and blog and they are currently working on my business card. These girls have been heaven sent.

It all started with Oret.

Oret is a recent graduate from School of Visual Art (SVA) with a bachelor’s in design and when the idea for my blog came about I found her drawings to be exactly what I wanted. She was enthusiastic about taking on this project and she took everything I said into account. Down to the last detail. I am planning to interview her for odyssey soon but until then here is her portfolio and Instagram account if you want to see her work.

My other friend, who actually put my portfolio and blog together, her name is Taylor. She’s double majoring in English and Art History and minoring in French. Even though her major has nothing to do with design and she doesn’t know much about coding she would love to keep learning. She’s designing my business card through Canva (which I have very little experience with).

Taylor is also someone who takes into account what I have in mind and she also gives me her opinion which I always agree with because she has awesome ideas. They always seem to be what I want without me knowing I want them.

So there you go. These two ladies have been helping me move forward in life by helping me build and design my online websites and my business card. Follow them and tell them I send ya!