100 Journal Entries To Wake You Up

100 Journal Entries To Wake You Up

The good thing about journaling is that anyone can do it.

220
Wanderlust

Journal questions aren't designed to confuse or frustrate you; they're designed to make you think and get your brain working. The first thing you do when you wake up in the morning shouldn't be checking social media; you should have quiet time with yourself to prepare you for the day. A good way to do that is to grab your journal and answer a question with as much detail and thought as possible.

Doing this will get your wheels moving and will wake up your brain. Here are 100 different questions to get your brain exploding with thoughts and your journals there to catch them.

1. You got great news today, who do you tell first? Do you tell your best friend, social media, a family member or the first person you see?

2. Do you think crying is a form of strength or weakness?

3. What scares you the most?

4. Are you holding onto something you need to let go of?

5. What is your favorite physical characteristic? Describe a time you felt proud of that feature.

6. Are you living or existing?

7. What physical characteristics are you most self-conscious about? How could you make peace with those?

8. What makes you smile?

9. What is your greatest strength? Describe a time this strength served you well.

10. Can you describe your life in a six-word sentence?

11. What is your greatest weakness? Describe a time this weakness held you back.

12. What has life taught you recently?

13. Describe a time you felt especially valued and loved.

14. Is it more important to you to love or be loved?

15. Today is your first day at your dream job. Where are you? Why do you value this job so much?

16. What’s a small act of kindness you were once shown that you will never forget?

17. Name a book that spoke to you on a personal level. Why?

18. What is your number one goal for the next six months?

19. If you had a theme song, what would it be?

20. Do you get along better with the same gender or opposite gender? Why do you think that is?

21. Name an animal whose characteristics you admire. Are you in any way like that animal?

22. If you could live one day of your life over again, what day would you choose?

23. What do you enjoy most about your favorite hobby? How can you incorporate that into parts of your life?

24. If you could only watch one movie for the rest of your life, what movie would you choose? Why?

25. What is adding stress to your life? How can you reduce that stress?

26. When you think about your future, what do you fear the most?

27. What is discouraging you right now? What are some steps you can take to move past it?

28. When you think about your future, what do you hope for the most?

29. What single object has great meaning to you? Where/Who did you get it from? Why does it have so much meaning?

30. Write about a missed opportunity you wish you had taken. What could you do differently next time?

31. Who are five people you spend most of your time with? What traits do these people have?

32. Describe a time a friend went out of their way to help you. How do you serve the people in your life?

33. Are you a spiritual person? Describe your beliefs and/or doubts. How do those beliefs affect how you live your life?

34. Discuss how the people in your life make you feel. How do you perceive yourself after spending time with them? How will that affect how you spend time with them in the future?

35. True or false: “I know how to stick up for myself.” Explain your answer.

36. You just moved into your dream home. Look out the kitchen window. What do you see?

37. Your neighbors are having a party. You only know one person who is attending. Will you go to the party?

38. You just spent all day by yourself. Are you bored?

39. Do you listen well to others?

40. You just spent a day at the beach. How do you feel? You spent a day in the mountains. How do you feel?

41. You’re in an elevator and someone you admire walks in. Do you give the person your business card? Why or why not?

42. To show someone you love them, are you likely to use words, actions, or another method?

43. You’ve just started working at a new job. One of your colleagues is mean/unkind to you. How do you handle this situation?

44. What do you with your friends or classmates knew about you?

45. You walk into a room, what do you see?

46. What things are in your life are in your control? What things are out of your control? How does it feel to notice that some things are out of your control?

47. Someone gives you a complex task you’re not sure how to accomplish. Do you make a plan? Ask someone for help? Research how others have done similar projects in the past? Read a book on that topic. What does this tell you about your learning style?

48. What do you do when you’re feeling down?

49. Do you lean into challenges or away from them? Describe a time you were given a challenge you weren’t sure you could complete. How did the situation make you feel?

50. What are you grateful for?

51. Someone trusts you with a secret and asks you not to reveal it. It’s really juicy! Do you tell anyone?

52. What’s something that an authority figure has said to you that’s really stuck with you?

53. What are five things you want to do more and why?

54. What do you do when someone doesn’t like?

55. What do you feel holds you back I life?

56. What’s something nice that you could say to yourself?

57. What is one way you would like to grow in the next year?

58. How can you tell that you’re getting angry?

59. If you were having a dinner party, who are the top five people you would invite, living or dead?

60. How would you like people to describe you?

61. What does failure mean to you? Have you ever felt like a failure? How did you cope?

62. Imagine you’re in your 90’s. What memories would you like to have? What stories do you want to tell?

63. If you weren’t afraid of anything, what would be the first thing you would do?

64. What area of your life, right now, makes you feel the best? Which area makes you feel the worst?

65. Where do you feel the safest? It could be a place, with a person, or while doing something.

66. What piece of advice would you give to six-year-old you? 18-year-old-you? 21-year-old you? 30-year-old you? 50-year-old you? And you right now?

67. If you could have one wish, what would it be?

68. If life stopped today, what would be a few things you would regret not doing?

69. Who do you talk to when you have a problem? Do they help?

70. What do you wish your parents did differently raising you?

71. How are you different to those around you?

72. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? How do you think your life would be better? Have you ever tried to change it?

73. What are you looking forward to in the future?

74. What’s one thing you keep putting off in your life? Ask yourself why you keep doing this?

75. If you could say anything to your ex, what would you say to them?

76. What are you proud of? What do you see as your biggest accomplishment?

77. What are your biggest pet peeves? Why do those things bother you?

78. Describe the best birthday you had. Go into detail and explain every little thing you enjoyed about it.

79. What book do you absolutely adore? Why do you adore it?

80. What’s a thought that keeps you up at night?

81. What’s something you feel really passionate about?

82. What’s something you need more in life? How can you achieve this?

83.Who means the world to you?

84. What are five things that someone could do to win over your heart?

85. What makes you come alive? When was the time you felt truly alive?

86. What’s the biggest adrenaline rush you’ve ever had? What were you doing and how did you get there?

87. What do you look for in a significant other?

88. If you could travel the world, where would be your first and last stop?

89. If you could share one single message with the world, what would it be?

90. Do you believe people can change? Do you believe YOU can change people?

91. Who or what inspires you the most? Why are you drawn to these inspirations?

92. Who is someone you wish you could forgive? What did they do? Have they apologized for it?

93. What is something you’ve always wanted to do, but were too scared to do?

94. What do you spend money on the most? Is this a want or need in your opinion?

95. What is the strangest thing you have in your room? Why do you have it?

96. What is a weird habit you have? Are you proud of it or do you wish it didn’t exist?

97. If you were sat on a plane by your favorite celebrity, who would it be? What questions would you ask them?

98. When was the last time you tried something new?

99. What do you look for in a close friend? Do you have those characteristics?

100. Why do you write?

After answering all these questions, I can assure you'll know yourself better and your writing will be off the charts.