She Who Keeps A Journal

She Who Keeps A Journal

It's more than just words.

64
She Who Keeps A Journal

She who keeps a journal is a girl to remember.

She who keeps a journal probably doesn't use it as log of current events or a description of the mundane. Her journal isn't a middle school diary composed of every day activities. She writes out her thoughts, prayers, confessions.

She who keeps a journal doesn't have to write everyday. There are days when there's not a lot going on. Journaling doesn't become a chore; if it did, it would lose its purpose.

Instead, she who keeps a journal writes for release. With each word comes an outpouring of her heart. She has to write in order to control the chaos of thoughts within her mind. She may know the words to express her emotions, but doesn't know how to say them aloud. Journaling is her emotional catharsis.

She who keeps a journal knows herself. She can be real and honest and raw in her journal, because she knows the words are meant for her eyes only. She can write out her innermost thoughts when they are too unbearable to speak. Thoughts that she didn't even know she had can be written into being. Feelings of shame, fear, regret, loneliness can all be made real, and then released.

She who keeps a journal has a vault of memories. She can pinpoint the exact moment she felt happiness or disappointment. There's written record of the moment she fell in love or the moment she realized she wasn't. She can re-read her old entries and see how much she's changed. Maybe there's a realization that she's lost herself and needs to remember who she used to be. Or maybe she reads the words of her old self and is proud of the person she's fought to become.

She who keeps a journal might write out her prayers. The requests written to God in anger, desperation, or sorrow are all recorded. Later on she might write back in joy or understanding at how those requests were answered.

Her journal is a friend when no one else is there to listen. Sometimes she just has to communicate her thoughts to someone or something, and a blank page is always available.

She who keeps a journal knows the complete satisfaction of finishing the last page, and then beginning the search for a new journal. She is always hunting for beautiful and unique journals worthy of holding the weight of herself. It's easy to buy gifts for her because she'll always need a new one.

She who keeps a journal has probably written about you, but if you've invaded her thoughts so much that she needs to write about you, then you're probably very significant. She probably prays for you, worries for you, and expresses the love and joy she has in knowing you.

There's an abundance of thoughts and ideas circulating in her mind that may never be voiced. Seek her out. Know her. She who keeps a journal has a memoir of her life written by her, but don't let her only legacy be trapped inside the pages of a book.