The Jonas Brothers Are Reuniting

The Jonas Brothers Are Reuniting And My Teen Dreams Are Coming True

The Jonas Brothers are back with a new single and everyone is losing it, especially me!

1619

I've been riddled with a cold and unnecessarily runny nose for the past few days so obviously my after-work escape has come in the form of Instagram and Netflix. I was scrolling Thursday morning through my feed and I stopped on a post from Priyanka Chopra.

First glance, "Aw, cute picture of her husband and his brothers!"

Second glance, "Wait...is this real life?"

A couple seconds of frantic reading later and I confirmed that the Jonas Brothers are, indeed, GETTING BACK TOGETHER (however, temporarily)! They released a new single Friday at 12AM Eastern, "Sucker." By the time I have written this article, I have indeed watched the video 5 times although it has only been out for 23 minutes. I'm reaping the benefits of being temporarily in the Central Time Zone.

The Jonas Brothers were my first concert at age 10 in 2006. All right, so it was a free Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus (precursor to The Best of Both Worlds Concert Tour) concert featuring the Jonas Brother in San Jose. But, it was the first time that I truly experienced the Jonas Brothers in their full glory. After that first concert, I was hooked.

I got the posters, "Tiger Beat " magazines, and the bonus-material CDs from each album that they put out. I memorized the entire script (dialogue, song, and dance) to Camp Rock and I (re)watched every episode of Jonas and Jonas LA that came out following. I loved the music and the passion with which they played each instrument. I was a fangirl before I even learned the word for it.

Then, 2013 came. The Jonas Brothers broke up a year before I started high school. Albeit, I grew to loving newer bands and developed even more interests in the following years. However, I always wished that I could have have my pre-teen love for the Jonas Brothers carry through when I was in high school. I still listening to the music, unironically, and followed each member.

The reunion, regardless of how short-lived it may be, is incredibly fulfilling to my adult self. I'm excited to see what they do and hear more singles that they may or may not be dropping in the near future!

Related Articles Around the Web