The 12 Best Jonas Brothers Lyrics

12 Jonas Brothers Lyrics That Will Always Be Relevant No Matter How Old You Get

They may have just another teen pop sensation to some, but these lyrics prove that there was way more to them than that.

1495

Ah, the Jonas Brothers. The "stupid, cute Jonas Brothers" as Hannah Montana once said. Whether you were a fan of them or not, chances are you knew at least one or two (maybe three) songs by them and you most certainly knew that Nick had the curly hair, Joe was the lead (or was he?) and Kevin didn't sing, like ever––until he sang "I Left My Heart In Scandinavia" on JONAS and everyone was shocked.

In their prime, the Jonas Brothers ruled teenage girls with their #Relatable lyrics, "stylish" clothing and overall charming personalities.

Were you someone into dad jokes and awkward boys? Kevin was the one for you, no doubt.

Did you prefer someone more daring who liked to take risks? Joe was your guy, 100%.

Or were you someone who was partial to quiet, mysterious and broody types? If so, Nick was your soulmate, and you were sure of it!

While the Jonas Brothers were dismissed as true artists because of their fanbase and being stigmatized as "just another boy band," the truth is their music was anything but what you would expect from a typical boy band. Not only did Nick, Joe, and Kevin write most of their songs together, but they each played various instruments such as the guitar, piano, drums, tambourine (shout out to Joe) and, of course, their vocal cords.

Despite all the criticism the boys received, and all the judgment that we, the fans, received, one thing is certain: there are some JoBros lyrics that stick with you forever, no matter how old you get. And even though they had various songs on multiple soundtracks and "unreleased" ones that didn't get a chance to shine on an album, the following are twelve of the most durable lyrics off of their four studio albums that seem to never go out of style.

Unlike Joe's straight hair––that went out of style real quick.

1. "Time for me to lay down all my worries and I'll spread my wings"

Google Images

There's nothing like brand new, young Jonas Brothers to get things started, and this line is easily one of my all-time favorites.

"Time For Me To Fly," off of the debut 2006 album titled, "It's About Time" is a song that resonates a lot of religious undertones, seeing as the Jonas clan was known to be heavily Christian in their early years. However, fear not if you don't consider yourself a very spiritual person, because the lyrics to this song can be relatable to just about anyone.

This lyric specifically can be applied to so many different instances in your life.

Are you stressed about all of your school assignments and are worried about your graduation not being on time? Have you been feeling overworked at your job and are wondering when things will get better? Is there a lot going on in your personal life with friendships, relationships or your family?

The words "time for me to lay down all my worries and I'll spread my wings" can be interpreted in many ways, but for me, I see it as a realization that there comes a time when you have to stop letting everything in your life consume you with stress and let yourself be free by spreading your wings.

If you ever feel like everything is getting to be a bit overwhelming, maybe take a few minutes out of your day to listen to this song and try and let yourself feel the words that pre-pubescent Nick Jonas is singing, because it just might help.

2. "'Cause if I never see you again, I still miss you"

Google Images

Keeping things going with early JoBros magic comes this very relatable and very emotional lyric from the all too melodramatic and underrated song, "One Day At A Time," also from the "It's About Time" album. This song, if you didn't know, is about trying to move on from a crush and feeling like you're barely getting by, one day at a time.

For a group of young, tween and teen boys, it seems almost like clickbait (or I guess, listening-bait?) to write a song about something that every young girl went through in their life, seeing as young girls were their core and target audience.

Yet, even if it was kind of gimmicky, it remains as one of the most relatable songs off of the debut album for this very reason.

We all want to feel heard and understood, so when we hear songs about things that we've experienced, it's expected for us to feel a connection and to think, "wow, this song is amazing!"

I can't speak for Nick, Joe, and Kevin, but I'm willing to bet that one of the reasons they wrote this song was to be able to elicit this kind of response.

While this song is widely unknown by the general public (it was never a "single" and therefore didn't get any promo or airplay anywhere,) the true Jonas fans will know what I'm talking about when I say that as soon as I hear Nick hit the high note on the word "you" at the end of this line, it still hits me right in the feels, even as a now 23-going-on-24 year old.

It just gets me, OK? It really does.

3. "I will be right there for you, 'til the end, the end of time, please be mine"

Google Images

Now, most of the songs off of the debut album were and are still only known to the fandom, but if there's one song aside from the singles that I think is the most popular, it's "Please Be Mine."

I'm not sure why or how this song got to be one of the most known, but I'm eternally grateful for that fact because it meant that the boys performed it at almost every tour they had once upon a time––and I, of course, was at every tour.

This song is another one about love, only instead of being about moving on from an unrequited crush, it's a declaration of your feelings to someone and letting them know all that you would do for them should the two of you be together. While it might sound a tad cheesy, I think that it has the power to make even the greatest of cynics swoon.

I know most of us aren't going to rush to our crushes and start belting out the lyrics to this song in the middle of the day, but imagining a scenario in our minds where we can tell them to check this song out because it reminds us of them is something that I let myself indulge in a bit too often to admit––even if "the end of time" might be a little too much.

As I said before, feeling heard and understood is something we all crave in music, and this song does just that for so many of us. Whether we're fourteen and crushing on the cute boy from third period, or we're twenty-three and can't stop thinking about that guy we've been talking to for a few weeks now, it's definitely a good song to listen to when you feel like letting your feelings free.

And if you ever need inspiration on what to say when you decide to declare your feelings for someone, I'm sure it can't hurt to go with "I will be right there for you, 'til the end, the end of time, please be mine."

4. "When you love someone and they break your heart, don't give up on love, have faith restart."

Google Images

Out of all of the lyrics on this list, I feel that this is the most obvious as to how it would still be considered as one of the most relatable despite how long it's been since the song originally came out. It's basically saying everything we've always been told to be true, but it's coming from the Jonas Brothers so that makes it so much better, doesn't it?

The entire song is about keeping the faith and trying to look on the bright side for future things to come, which is surprisingly a pretty sweet message to send to thousands of tween girls so kudos to the Jonas boys for being able to pull this off. But even aside from that, the song sounds happy and makes you feel good without trying too hard, and that's not something that comes easily.

Specifically, though, the lyric "when you love someone and they break your heart, don't give up on love, have faith restart" could even be therapeutic and cathartic for a lot of us. Imagine you just broke up with your S.O. and you're not really in the mood for the sad and depressing breakup songs, but not yet ready for the "moving on and doing me" songs yet. What do you listen to?

"Hold On" by the Jonas Brothers, that's what.

As soon as you hear this line coming in through the mixture of Joe and Nick's voices, it might make you feel cleansed and a tad hopeful for what's to come in your future, and that's all you should ever look for when you need a little bit of a pick me up.

5. "We are wild, we are free, we are more than you think so call us freaks, 'cause that's just the way we roll"

Google Images

Did someone call for an anthem about being yourself no matter what people think? Because, if so, "That's Just The Way We Roll" off of the Jonas Brothers' sophomore album, "Jonas Brothers" is the one for the job.

While it comes off as a playful song ideal for concert performances so that the crowd can go wild, dancing and singing their heads off––especially during Kevin's infamous spin––it's filled with lyrics that do double duty by sending out positive messages about being yourself and being proud of it.

The end of the chorus finishes off with the lyric "we are wild, we are free, we are more than you think so call us freaks, 'cause that's just the way we roll" and it's the perfect way to do so. Kevin, Joe, and Nick did an incredible job at encapsulating the feeling of being proud of who you are with this lyric and we should be proud to sing it, all the time.

As someone who's been to plenty of Jonas Brothers concerts in my time, this is always a favorite to look forward to, and not just for me. The audience always seems to light up with so much energy as soon as those first notes start playing, and I 100% get it.

We Jonas fans have always been the butt of jokes and the victims for ridicule because of our love and support for the boys, so having a song that low-key says "we don't care what you think of us!" is one we proudly bop to, without a second thought.

Should there ever be a reunion tour (and I hope with everything in me that there will be!) this song better be on the setlist, because if it's not... Nick, Joe, and Kevin will have some explainin' to do.

6. "And don't forget to hold back your thoughts and live like robots, 'cause we all know what goes on."

Google Images

Behold! An artist that stems from Disney Channel that had the nerve to call out Hollywood and celebrity culture? Gasp!

It's true, though. The famous song (brilliantly) entitled, "Hollywood" did a fair job at subtly exposing what it's like to be a celebrity without outright attacking the industry that made the Jonas Brothers who they were, and I applaud them for that. I mean, most artists wouldn't dare besmirch their field with such honest truths, especially not ones that found their fame through Disney Channel.

To be fair, the Jonas Brothers were not a Disney Channel original creation, despite what you might think. These boys formed themselves and set out on their musical journey for a few years before the big D.C. found them and catapulted them into tween girl fame. With that being said, they wouldn't have been able to reach the level of success if they didn't have big brother watching over them every step of the way until they broke off to be on their own.

So I guess it's not too out of the blue that they decided to take the risk in coming for Hollywood's jugular. But it still was something that I think a lot of us were shocked to listen to, once we actually learned what the song was saying and weren't just listening for the sake of listening (and dancing.)

"And don't forget to hold back your thoughts and live like robots, 'cause we all know what goes on" surely does imply something more going on behind the scenes that the general public may not be fully aware of (the aforementioned "we" being other artists, not us regular folk) and it picks at my curiosity for sure.

It's also common knowledge ever since Joe did his Vulture interview in 2013 that the boys were around when Vanessa Hudgens was called in for a stern talking to after her nude scandal, and even though this song came out before it happened, it makes you wonder just what they saw (or heard) happen that day.

7. "'Cause I'd rather just be alone, if I know that I can't have you."

Google Images

Here we come back to some familiar Jonas Brothers territory despite it being their third studio album, "A Little Bit Longer."

As you recall from earlier points, the boys were pretty good at writing songs about romantic relationships.

Breaking up, unrequited feelings, falling in love, and everything else in between. In this particular lyric from the song, "Can't Have You," we get thrown into the position of desperately wanting to be with someone who, for some unknown reason, no longer wants to be with us.

They've walked away from the relationship and we are left heartbroken and yearning for their presence again.

Relatable enough for you?

If it wasn't throughout the entire first verse and most of the chorus, I'm certain by the time you hear Nick sing, "'cause I'd rather just be alone, if I know that I can't have you" before the second verse starts, you're sold. I know I was.

The truth is, most of our heartbreak stories really were not that deep. But when you're young and in love, everything feels like the end of the world. So maybe losing the boyfriend you had when you were thirteen that you had been dating for two months wasn't that big of a deal in the long run––it was everything when it happened and that's what this song draws on.

There are hopeless romantics inside all of us, no matter how much some people try and deny it (you're not fooling anyone, pal.) The JoBros were aware of this, because they are clearly some themselves, and they knew that a song that speaks to us in this way was going to be a hit, even if it wasn't necessarily "a hit."

It's a hit to me, boys. And to all of us who related to it more than we'd like to admit. That's all that matters.

8. "I'm sorry for breaking all the promises that I wasn't around to keep."

Google Images

Be still, my heart! We've reached the first of our Niley songs and I don't think anyone in their right mind can say that these weren't some of the best darn lyrics that Kevin, Joe, and Nick ever wrote. Don't even try it.

"Sorry" tells the heartbreaking tale of the end of Nick Jonas and Miley Cyrus' relationship––and the end of an era. These two were teen royalty, seriously. So when news broke that the relationship was no more, all of us had to mourn what we thought was true love––until they got back together, of course, but that's beside the point.

Nick pours his heart out to Miley in this song, and you can hear all of his emotion through the cracks and belts in his voice. While Nick isn't the one that delivers this beautiful lyric, when we hear Joe come in to sing, "I'm sorry for breaking all the promises that I wasn't around to keep" we know it's Nick's remorse and Nick's pain that's being shared, and we hurt for him.

But just as much as we hurt for him, we hurt with him.

I'm willing to bet that we've all made our share mistakes in relationships, and through gritted teeth and flustered cheeks, we've all had to apologize for them at some point. Hearing a song that speaks to this side of us is kind of like a wake-up call because we're no longer ignoring our faults or placing blame on anyone else, this is all about us. In a way, that's why it works.

Yes, the song does an excellent job at giving us Niley shippers a look into what went wrong in their relationship, something we were all dying to know, but it also helps us take a look at our own relationships, and I think that's even more important.

Even though Niley was my entire world and I still cry about it sometimes.

9. "A little bit longer and I'll be fine."

Google Images

I'm sure I'm not the only one who thought that Nick Jonas was about to drop dead from diabetes after listening to this song for the first time in 2008. Like, he genuinely had me so worried for his health and walking around thinking he could be gone at any moment.

Which I guess is still true, but it's not the same.

"A Little Bit Longer," off of the album of the same name, was Nick's ballad and ode to his illness. The sentimental words and the emotion behind them were both so strong that, I have to admit...I might have actually cried the first time I saw a video of him performing it live.

I might have even cried when I actually saw him perform it live for the first time. No shame.

While the bulk of this song talks about his journey with finding out he was sick and how all of that made him feel, this line, in particular, stands out to me over any of the others. "A little bit longer and I'll be fine" is such a universal feeling and it can be applied to so many situations.

If you're ever overwhelmed with life, you just have to think, "a little bit longer and I'll be fine" to get through whatever situation you have going on. If you want to go home so badly but you're stuck at work or in school, all you have to do is think, "a little bit longer and I'll be fine."

That's universality, my friends.

Most of us didn't know what it felt like to be diagnosed with anything when this song came out, and a lot of us still don't. So, in my humble opinion, that's not what draws us to this song or what hits us hard about it. It's simply that it can be tied back to almost anything else, and for that reason, it will forever be one of Nick Jonas' best songs that he's ever written.

I'm still mad that he made me think he was going to die any second, though.

10. "They always say a heart is not a home without the one that gets you through the storm."

Google Images

Bring on the tissues, we've made it to our second (and final) Niley song of the list––and it's a big one!

In 2009, Niley was no more. So when Nick and Miley were seen heading in and out of a recording studio together, everyone was shook before shook even existed as a slang term.

We had never received a true Niley collab ("We Got The Party" doesn't really count because it was a Hannah Montana x Jonas Brothers collab) and when the Jonas Brothers' fourth and final studio album, "Lines, Vines and Trying Times" was released and we all saw the words "feat. Miley Cyrus" next to "Before The Storm," we were a little excited.

The song in its entirety describes their relationship in the most heartbreaking way. The feeling of loving someone to depths of your being but something getting in the way of your happiness and now, all you want is to know where the two of you are headed. Is it over? Is there still a chance?

Can you ever get past "the storm?"

I guess in a way, this song helped give us the closure that we never got when Niley ended for good. Which is also probably one of the reasons that Nick and Miley decided to record it, the closure. Still, the line "they always say a heart is not a home without the one that gets your through the storm" hints at there still being feelings even though the mutual agreement was that the relationship was, in fact, over.

I can't speak for everyone, but I'm sure most of us have been there before, so this reflects us and our experiences and for that, it is and will always be a truly treasured song to us Jonas fans. Also because Miley and Nick's voices just mesh so well together, am I right?

11. "I believe that the road that people lead helps you find the one you need."

Google Images

I'm going to request that any and all Swifties please put down the pitchforks and back away, slowly. I know how you feel, guys, seeing as I am a Swiftie as well, but this needed to be included and I need to get through it in one piece.

"Much Better" turned all Jonas and Swift fans on their heads when it was released, for the very reason that it referenced Taylor Swift and her past relationship with Joe Jonas. However, this line isn't one that I would deem the most relevant, so there's no need for aggression or anger here. The line that I'm focusing on from this song is, "I believe that the road that people lead helps you find the one you need" because, let's face it, it's some truth tea that we all need to be sippin'.

I don't necessarily believe in the concept of "the one" when it comes to romantic partners, but what I do indulge in is the idea that there will always be someone, whether it's a friend or an S.O., that helps you get through life. They're your person, if I can quote Meredith and Cristina from Grey's Anatomy, and this lyric does a great job at alluding to it.

Every decision that you make in your life takes you wherever you go. Through every decision, no matter how minuscule, you meet new people and, at some point, you will meet the one you need. But what I like most about this line is that it doesn't tell you what decisions to make or to rush to it, it just says that the road you lead will help you find the one you need––and, in truth, that's really all there is to it.

12. "You might fall off this track sometime, hope to see you at the finish line"

Google Images

The Jonas Brothers weren't known for their ballads, and if you were to ask anyone from the general public what kind of music they made, I'm 100% certain they wouldn't ever respond with "ballads." They do exist, though, and this lyric comes from one of the best ones.

"Turn Right" showcased beautiful guitar strumming, violin playing backing the vocals and the writing talents of Kevin, Joe and Nick Jonas. Yet even though the song isn't necessarily about what I'm about relate this specific line to, I think you can make it work (I sure am.)

"You might fall off this track sometime, hope to see you at the finish line" resonates with me in the sense that I feel as if the boys are encouraging me to keep going. Even if I get a little twisted here and there, a little lost, as long as I keep pushing through, I'll make it to the finish line like they want me to.

This is something I find to be beautiful because I feel like they were talking directly to us, the fans, and showcasing their love and appreciation for us by giving us support. Truthfully, there's nothing better than that feeling when you've dedicated so much of your time to these people, believe me.

So, if you're ever feeling like you're going the wrong way, like you're losing control or like you're a little confused and don't know how to get back to reality, just remember that you, in fact, might fall off the track sometimes;

But, the Jonas Brothers hope to see you at the finish line.