Jolie files for divorce

Jolie files for divorce

“This decision was made for the health of the family."

12
Jolie files for divorce
Public Domain Pictures

One of the most high profiled marriages and deemed, “Brangelina” has come to an end with actress Angelina Jolie filing for divorce from her two-year spouse, actor Brad Pitt. The couple has been romantically involved, however, since 2005 after Pitt’s divorce from “Friends” actress Jennifer Aniston. Their separation date is set at Sept. 19.

Tues., Sept. 20 marked the day Jolie filed and various news outlets were all over the coverage of the circumstances: why and what will happen to their six children.

The Thirty Mile Zone (TMZ) wrote an article titled, “ANGELINA JOLIE FILES FOR DIVORCE FROM BRAD PITT.”

It stated, “Our sources say, Angelina became "fed up" with Brad's consumption of weed and possibly alcohol, and mixed with what she believes is "an anger problem" ... felt it became dangerous for the children.”

According to Reuters via People magazine, Pitt was in despair over the prospective split.

“I am very saddened by this but what matters most now is the well-being of our kids. I kindly ask the press to give them the space they deserve during this challenging time,” stated soon-to-be divorced actor.

Via Consumer News and Business Channel (CNBS), Jolie’s lawyer commented.
He says, “This decision was made for the health of the family. She will not be commenting, and asks that the family be given its privacy at this time.”

E! News speculated over what would happen money- and property-wise if a pre nup was not set in place at the beginning of their marriage. It was concluded in the article titled, “Could Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's Divorce Lead to a Legal Battle? How Money May Make All the Difference,” that since both celebrities were wealthy in both a money and property sense going into this that the two-year span they were legally together should not have too much of an effect.

In the article, Jolie’s manager, Geyer Kosinski also stated, “Angelina will always do what's in the best interest of taking care of her family. She appreciates everyone's understanding of their need for privacy at this time.”

Another question that has come up is one to do with their six children together; three adopted, from Cambodia, Maddox; from Ethiopia, Zahara; and from Vietnam, Pax; three blood, Shiloh, Vivienne and Knox.

TMZ reported that, “She's asking for physical custody of the couple's 6 children. She is asking the judge to give Pitt visitation. It's significant ... she does not want Brad to have joint physical custody ... only joint legal custody.”

New York Magazine (NYMag) also thought over an article published by U.S. Weekly about their pre-divorce reporting on the couple’s relationship stability.

“The magazine reported at the time that there was “tension” between Brad and Angie over whether to sell their Chateau Miraval property in the south of France. Angie reportedly wanted to get rid of the estate to focus on her political aspirations, but Brad wanted to keep it,” stated the article.

“The report curiously never appeared online, but the Daily Mail printed the relevant quotes from Us Weekly’s “source,” who claimed that Angie was “ramping up her efforts in the political world.” The source believed that she was angling to be a candidate for the British House of Lords, and “only tax-paying British citizens are allowed into the House.” So, according to this source, Angie wanted “to sell Chateau Miraval,” but Brad wasn’t going for it.”

It has been stated that Jolie filed due to “”irrevocable differences” between the two and their children. The

divorce documents can be found via the Cable News Network (CNN).