Odyssey at Molloy: Join Us Today!

Odyssey at Molloy: Join Us Today!

Joining a community means joining a team of dedicated, driven, awesome people who each have something unique to offer.

7
Odyssey at Molloy: Join Us Today!
Bethany Lindeblad

My community of Odyssey ey launched in June of this year. I worked closely with one of the interns in NYC headquarters (thanks, Julia!) to recruit creators, and once we had a team we launched. Since June, Molloy's community of Odyssey has published 158 articles. Now that we're settled into the school year, we are looking for all creators to join our team. For those of you who don't know, Odyssey is a social content platform launched in 2014. Delivering more than 50,000 pieces of content a month, Odyssey captures the perspectives of many and works to share those viewpoints with the world. Being a part of Odyssey has given me a chance to grow as a writer, share my ideas with my community, and meet some wonderful people.

I know, I know. Writing sounds daunting! I get it. I was worried at first, too. How would I find the time to write weekly? What can I write about? The great thing about being a creator for Odyssey is that there are no guidelines, prompts, or boundaries to stay within. As long as what you write is not slander or hate, you're free to express your opinions. And if you're scared of commitment, I'm not judging you. Most college students have jobs as well as the classes they're taking and are involved in extracurriculars. But just because you're involved in all of those things doesn't mean you can't also be involved with us! Odyssey doesn't have meetings (although we would love to be established as a club on campus eventually), so you don't have to worry about sacrificing 3:30pm on Thursdays for us. While you are agreeing to submit one article a week, we understand that things come up and if you can't submit for a week or two, we get it! Just don't leave us without anything from you for a month, please!

Do you like digital media? In addition to being a creator, there is also the opportunity to be a video creator for this community of Odyssey. Film a day of school, a festival you went to or film an interview! If you want your videos to be shared in your community (not just within our school), a spot on our team is the place for you.

Another great thing about becoming a part of Odyssey is how it looks on your resume. Employers love to see that you are capable of writing, and being published is something that is sure to impress them. Whether you're going for a job or internship, a place on our team can give you that extra thing you need to get the position over someone else.

For me, the number one reason I keep coming back to Odyssey besides my passion for writing is the people I work with. Joining a community means joining a team of dedicated, driven, awesome people who each have something unique to offer. In addition to the people at school you get to meet and bond with, we also have a managing editor, Conor. Conor works in the NYC Odyssey office, and works with us weekly (and sometimes daily) to ensure we are creating the best content we can.

If you still aren't convinced or have any questions, feel free to shoot an email to molloyodyssey@gmail.com and ask me- or find me on social media or in person! As your editor in chief, it is my job to make sure that becoming a part of our team is fun and rewarding. From all of your community creators, we'd love to have you! Click here to request an invite today.