Jeopardy Is An All-Time Great Show

Jeopardy Is An All-Time Great Show

In light of recent news with Alex Trebek, I had to write about how much I love Jeopardy.

7

About a month ago, "Jeopardy!" host Alex Trebek announced that he was diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer. According to The American Cancer Society, the 5-year survival rate for this type is a measly 3%. In other words, things are not looking good.

Knowing that the show in its current form is likely to change, I thought I'd write about it.

I have been a Jeopardy fan since sophomore year of high school. I watched it one night over dinner and got a few questions right. I liked the challenge it presented and have watched very often since that point. If for some reason I am not home for the 7:30 airing, I will watch the taping of it at some point that week. Among my roommates and I, we have watched countless games. Often times, this turns into keeping score of who can get more correct answers.

There is just something great about knowing that you can always count on Jeopardy. It is on every night without fail. You might have had a terrible day, but jeopardy is going to be there at the end of the day. It is arguably a part of American culture. Since his debut in 1984, Alex Trebek has hosted over 7000 episodes. That's a lot of Jeopardy. From celebrity Jeopardy to kids Jeopardy to college to teen tournaments to teachers tournaments, there are all sorts of different kinds of jeopardy. It is certainly a versatile game show. Also, Trebek always brings in his iconic personality.

Overall, Jeopardy is an excellent show that is almost as American as Apple pie. There is not a thing I would change about it (other than having more episodes put on Netflix). It is my hope that Alex Trebek will recover fully and nothing will change. I know this is not likely to happen, but I remain hopeful. I will continue to tune in often and enjoy the show while it is here but after all, it is important to accept that all good things come to an end. But, until then I will remain a loyal fan. Long Live Jeopardy!