I've Moved On And I Hope You Have Too

I've Moved On And I Hope You Have Too

Once this letter reaches you, you'll know who it's for.

443
I've Moved On And I Hope You Have Too

Sometimes I wish I could take my own advice. Especially when it comes to things like this. I always find myself telling people to get over things and move on when I find myself still stuck in some places.

You see, I know that I shouldn’t be spending time thinking about what I would say to you if we were to have one last conversation because it feels as if everything went the way it was supposed to when it did. I have said and written a lot of things out of anger, but now is my time to say what I didn’t get to, or probably will never get to.

I am so happy now, and I know that that is what you wanted for me. I wanted that for you, too.

I don’t dwell on the past. Not anymore. Our lives got in the way, and you were undereducated when it came to someone like me. I’ve had a rough past, I know it’s hard to handle. It’s hard in my new relationship, too.

I’m not writing this letter to spill my feelings out to you because I didn’t get closure. I took the time I needed to think things through. I don’t want you to feel bad for me, and I don’t want you to miss me. But I want you to know that I still think of you every now and then, and I still want the best for you. I want you to be happy and successful, and I want you to rise above anything that I could have ever held you back from.

I don’t feel sorry for what happened. I’m not sad, I’m not angry. I don’t miss it all that much. I just want to write the words I couldn’t say to you. Because I know that now things will never be the same, and now you’re just a memory. I have my happiness now, and I want to thank you for leading me to it. I couldn’t have done it without you.

Regardless, I only wish you the best. I will be rooting for you on the sidelines, but in the meantime I hope you find someone who makes you as happy as I am now. And I hope you hold onto her forever.