The joys of sharing my bday with the worlds beloved football

It's Supposed To Be Super Birthday Not Super Bowl Sunday

It is my birthday, I could care less about the Super Bowl.

178
Andrea (me)
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=3258391217532&set=a.3258390457513&type=3&theater

I have never been into football. I tried to understand it, and now I don't even do that. *rolls eyes* I could absolutely care less about it. My dad used to play football, and when we would go to the high school on Friday nights for football, I found something else to occupy my time. My dad used to think I wasn't trying. I would tell him I was, but the truth is, I probably wasn't. I found no interest in the sport, so why try. Football isn't for everyone, and I am not ashamed to say I am one of those people.

Instead, I love to do scrapbooking or take a long, hot bath while watching Netflix. I am currently on season 11 of Grey's Anatomy and I am determined to find out what happens. I remember for my 21st birthday, instead of going out so I could get a drink, my husband and dad watched the Super Bowl in the living room of our apartment. I did some scrapbooking while playing with our cat Chipper. Anyone else having or had this issue??

The half time show is equally just as boring. *yawns* "Did you see so and so during the half time show?!" Nope. No, I did not, but I am sure you did, and you are going to tell me about it. Honestly, I could care less about who is performing. I know there are some people who only watch the half time show, but again it doesn't spark my interest. I refuse to watch the Super Bowl, even if it is not the game itself. I would rather read a book or write something. I can drift far away from the Super Bowl and surround myself with characters I want to be around. That is where I find my joy.

Don't get me started on the commercials. To be honest, I don't even think they are funny. I don't like to rewatch the commercials either. I usually won't laugh at them, even when my husband is cracking up right beside me. Oh, that's supposed to be funny? Oops. I am counting down the seconds in my head for it to be over. I will most likely play with our son while the game is going on. He loves to count and say his colors out loud while he spins round and round like crazy. Seeing him laugh and smile makes me do the same.

So, yeah, I refuse to watch the Super Bowl, and I am not afraid to say so. It is my birthday, and I will spend it the way I want to, not how the rest of the country wants to spend it. I find no joy in football, and I am not going to make myself unhappy by watching it. I will enjoy our company if we have any, and then I will just relax and do things I want to do. It is my birthday, not Super Bowl Sunday.