9 Mistakes That Are Perfectly OK To Make In College

I promise everyone makes these mistakes at some point!

1222

College is hard, don't underestimate it. While it would be great if we could all go through life as Elle Woods, it probably won't happen. While life would be a lot easier if none of us messed up, it's bound to happen at some point. Here's a couple of things it's completely okay to do wrong!!

1. Choose the wrong major.

GIPHY

I promise it is NOT the end of the world if you have to change majors. In fact, sometimes it can be the best possible thing for you! It's okay to not be an engineer, I learned very quickly I'm not meant to deal with that much math for the rest of my life.

2. Mess things up with a roomie.

makeagif

Roomie fights happen, it's a part of life. While it'd be great to handle every situation perfectly, just knowing you did your best is sometimes all people can ask of you.

3. Go through a phase.

GIPHY

Whether it be a girly phase, a chill phase, a peppy phase, a gym phase, or something else entirely you will most likely change in college. You will probably go through one or more phases and that's a-okay!

4. Forget a homework assignment, or a test, or something even more important.

GIPHY

Yes, this situation isn't the best, but NO, it will not kill you. Inevitably you're going to forget something and probably get a zero or a late grade. And while planning ahead might help, you will probably let something slip. So, accept it now and know that the most important thing you can do if it happens is staying calm and figuring out how to do better next time.

5. Date the wrong person.

GIPHY

College is about figuring out who you are and who you want to be. Part of that involves the people you surround yourself with. It's completely okay to surround yourself with people who might not be there in a few months. In fact, it doesn't even apply to relationships. Sometimes the best friendships for you are the ones that don't last long but help you grow.

6. Have a little too much fun.

GIPHY

Whether having too much fun means staying out too late and crashing on someone's couch or spending a few extra dollars, it will be okay! Just learn from whatever fun you do have.

7. Impulse buys(!!!)

If you ask my mom she would probably agree this is my most common mistake. But it can also be one of the most fun. So yeah, maybe you don't need BOTH pairs of black wedges, but let's face it: the gold and silver accents mean they can go with two different outfits. So, go ahead and make the purchase... just be sure to thank me later!

8. Join the wrong organization.

GIPHY

We've all been there. It's so exciting and coming to college means the start of a new era so sometimes the temptation to join every organization under the moon can be overpowering. But I am here to tell you right here, right now that not every organization is the right one for every person. It's okay to join an organization, even if it's the wrong one. Maybe don't completely ghost them, but a courteous resignation is totally acceptable at a natural break (i.e. the end of the semester or year)!

9. Buy crocs.

GIPHY

Just to clarify, buying Crocs is NOT a mistake. But I felt like it was an appropriate finale to this list as crocs are the most adorable ugly shoes ever. They're so ugly they're cool and everyone should own a pair.

Okay, that's all, I think. P.S. Buy them before the factories close (if that's a real thing!!!).